Skip navigation

DAB Ariel install

Back to the top

How to route the cable from windscreen down to radio

I am after some advice on how to route the DAB Ariel cable from the windscreen down under dash and into the radio.
I had thought that I could route it down from the screen by the passenger side corner near the pillar.  But do not see any space there to do so.

How have other people done this?  Also would like to do the same with a hands free Mic. I don't want to alter the dash at all.

Thanks!

Back to the top
Hi,
On my tintop I fitted a DAB ready b-sting on the rear of the roof and route through the car.
On the wife's cabby I bought a convertor to allow me to use the original aerial in the wing for DAB signals.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Hi,
On my tintop I fitted a DAB ready b-sting on the rear of the roof and route through the car.
On the wife's cabby I bought a convertor to allow me to use the original aerial in the wing for DAB signals.
Thanks - whats the signal like with the converter of the orig aerial?  Also did not know they existed - sounds like a great idea!! - Found one on line.  Seems cheaper than a standard DAB stick on aerial.
Also still need to route the MIC cable from radio behind the dash to perhaps the sunvisor etc. any advice on the route would be appreciated.

Last edit: by Andy_S

Back to the top

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
On the mic wire, mine runs under the pillar headlining trim and  then windscreen rubber

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

On the mic wire, mine runs under the pillar headlining trim and  then windscreen rubber
Thanks.  I tried routing mine the same way but cannot see a route past the dash, pillar and bulkhead.  Was hoping that I could perhaps undo the bolts on the edge of the dash - but not enough movement.

Back to the top
Pull the trim off around the door edge and slide it under there and then down behind the carpet and up into the dash.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Pull the trim off around the door edge and slide it under there and then down behind the carpet and up into the dash.
Great Thanks!!!

Back to the top
On my Blue Tooth that had the external Mic, I routed it behind the Dash and placed it on the edge of the Drivers side door of the dash, I filed out the area needed for the cable in the headlight housing of the beezel and the cover plate with a hand file and affixed it to the side of the dash with 3m weather stripping tape.  It kept it on my Cabriolet out of the wind.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.20.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.20.46 AM.png

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Briano1234 said

On my Blue Tooth that had the external Mic, I routed it behind the Dash and placed it on the edge of the Drivers side door of the dash, I filed out the area needed for the cable in the headlight housing of the beezel and the cover plate with a hand file and affixed it to the side of the dash with 3m weather stripping tape.  It kept it on my Cabriolet out of the wind.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.20.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.20.46 AM.png
Very neat!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.