Skip navigation

World cup predictions!!

Back to the top

World cup predictions!!

First half was poor but second half was good.  The Koreans didn't look to bad… I was rooting for them!!!

Back to the top
WOW!!!!! Kav, dewpro, tricky and MikeyT all got the Hondurus V Chile score of 0-1 correct slapping me down to mid table lol…. well done lads… here's hoping for 3-0 in the Spain V Switzerland game!!!

Back to the top
Think I've got the 'Paella Munchers' down for a 2-0, no start for Nando or Cesc tho!!!!

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
No one apart from the Swiss has SSpain to lose 1 - 0 !!!!!  So… the table before the South Africa Uraguay game looks like this:-

POS__Name________PTS__GLD
1____TrickyHarris___16____24
2____MikeyT_______14____23
3____Drewpro______14____27
4____Spud_________13____24
5____Kavlfc________12____30
6____Sedge________10____28
7____Daz1971______10____51
8____Neo283_______9_____30
9____Wee Tony_____9_____33
10___Yomp_________6_____32
11___A5OPY________5_____38
12___JellyBelly______4_____33

Doesn't my name look sorry for itself now that it's dropped to fourth after Kav, MikeyT, Tricky and dewpro all had 3 pts today  :roll:   :lol:

Look at Daz…. his scores are way off but he get's loads of correct results… picks up points all the time… 51 goals out but a massive 10 points… doing well Daz mate keep picking those points up… consistancy is key  :wink:

Back to the top
Yet to pick up my 1st win :banghead:  :banghead:

I would have 3 points off the brazil match if it hadn't been for that last minute goal by the Koreans :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

On the upside look what my son spotted on MOTD just after the spain game :lol:

We are now trying to decide who is sadder - him for spotting it or for me running in from my office with my camera to take a photo :redfaced:

:lol:

Back to the top
I never even noticed that!!!!!  8O …. Excellent  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Yeahh, I've seen a few Citi Golfs on the coverage so far :)

Back to the top
I'm sure there's a Mk1 in the Pringles ad with Crouchy and Fabregas on the balcony dancing n that . . .

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

I'm sure there's a Mk1 in the Pringles ad with Crouchy and Fabregas on the balcony dancing n that . . .

You mean the one in the middle of this pic bud?

Looks like one to me but it is far away  :dontknow:

Back to the top
loving this, just need a score bang on and I'll be a contender.

Are you going to make a prediction sheet for the next stages? and have you decided a prize yet?

I think a citi golf would be fitting :)

Just take it out the club petty cash.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top

WeeTony said

loving this, just need a score bang on and I'll be a contender.

Are you going to make a prediction sheet for the next stages? and have you decided a prize yet?

I think a citi golf would be fitting :)

Just take it out the club petty cash.

LOL… not touching club money…. the prize is a surprise but you'll have to wait and see…. It won't be too expensive though  :wink: … I'm thinking of getting you all a vuvuzala but then again you'd all be divorced and homeless by the following week…. noisey as hell those things!!!  :mrgreen:

Honestly though… someone could be on 0 points now and get the next 10 games right therefore blowing everyone out of the water… it's 80% luck!!  Anyone making an England prediction as in not the score but who Capelo will play, who'll be crap and who will shine?

I think he'll start Heskey again, give Green the nod again (then Haart in the next game if you win this on Friday)… I think Joe Cole will get a shot on the left and will shine…. also think he'll start Barry and Gerrard if Barry is fit….  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Kav only just missed out on the exact score by one goal !!!!  A few people picking up one point at the end of yesterday.  Here's the table ready for today's games:-

POS__Name______PTS__GLD
1____TrickyHarris__16___28
2____MikeyT______14___27
3____Drewpro_____14___30
4____Spud________13___27
5____Kavlfc_______13___31
6____Neo283______10___32
7____Sedge_______10___32
8____Wee Tony____10___35
9____Daz1971_____10___54
10___Yomp________7____34
11___A5OPY_______5____41
12___JellyBelly_____4____38

Todays fixtures

Argentina V Korea Republic
Greece V Nigeria
France V Mexico

The predictions on these three are all over the place so it's an ideal oppertunity to run away in the table or jump positions!!  England play tomorrow so as above, what team do you think they'll put out and why?  I'm round another mates house tomorrow for a world cup party  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Nice to see i'm climbing up the table slowly :D

I think he'll leave green in goal, would be nice to see Joe Cole on as he always looks dangerous when he's on he should start him on the left and put Gerrard up with Rooney although this won't solve the problem of having an out and out striker on the pitch which is what we need, Lampard and Barry in the middle and i like Wright Phillps as well, defence should stay the same but he'll play Carragher as King isn't fit but we will get caught for pace if he does which against good teams will put us in trouble.

/Users/cherie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/16 Sep 2008/DSC01016.JPG

Back to the top
WOW!!!!!  A5OPY just missed the Argentina exact result by one goal…. so close!!!!  It finished Argentina 4 - 1 Korea !!!

So the table looks like this:-

POS__Name______PTS_GLD
1____TrickyHarris__17__30
2____MikeyT______15__29
3____Drewpro_____15__32
4____Spud________14__29
5____Kavlfc_______14__33
6____Neo283______11__34
7____Sedge_______11__35
8____Wee Tony____11__37
9____Daz1971_____10__57
10___Yomp________7___37
11___A5OPY_______6___42
12___JellyBelly_____5___41

Dewpro you're right about the back line there mate… could be a bit dodgey with old Carra being in the mix  :dontknow: .  I'd have Lennon on the right as he's had a brilliant season and has started getting crosses into dangerous areas…. why you lot didn't bring Gareth Bale (even if he is a Tottenham boy) and Adam Johnson I have no idea… young, bright and on form… would be great players to throw on!!

Back to the top
9____Daz1971_____10__57

Going down,and down me [marq=right]:roll: [/marq]

Banner

Back to the top
just decided i love mexico :D

/Users/cherie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/16 Sep 2008/DSC01016.JPG

Back to the top
WoW. Well done MecEcO….
Not good in the French camp A… :dontknow:   :wink:  :wink:
DAzzLe

Banner

Back to the top
My first correct result :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Pos—-   Name—–   PTS—–   GLD
1——   TrickyHarris—–   20——   
2——   MikeyT—–   15   —–34
3——   Dewpro—–   15—–   37
4—–   Spud—–   14   —–35
5—–   Kavlfc—–   14——   36
6—–   Sedge——-   12——   40
7—–   Neo283——   11——   37
8—–   WeeTony——   11—-   43
9——   Yomp——   10—–   39
10—-   Daz1971——   10   —–62
11—-   JellyBelly—–   6——   46
12—-   A5OPY——   6   ——47

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

…. why you lot didn't bring Gareth Bale (even if he is a Tottenham boy) and Adam Johnson I have no idea… young, bright and on form… would be great players to throw on!!

I think you'll find Gareth Bale might be Welsh!!!!!!!! Adam Johnson should've been in before Carrick, Fergie didn't pick Carrick for Man Poo's big games and as much as I do not like Man Poo Fergie knows his stuff  :wink:

So, if Fabio was struck down by a debilitating illness and the FA rang me to pick tomorrow's team I would go with :

GK : Rob Green (999 times out of 1,000 he'd have stopped that, he dropped a bollock!!)

Back 3  8O  

Terry
Carragher
Upson (only Henry was quicker than Upson when Upson was @ Arsenal, fact  :wink: )

Wing backs

R Johnson
L A Cole

Midfield

R Gerrard
C Barry (protecting back 3 and 'spraying' it)
L J Cole

Up Front

Crouch
Rooney

Algerians would never expect it, element of surprise n all that  :wink:

Back to the top
Pos—- Name—– PTS—– GLD
1—— TrickyHarris—– 20—— 33
2—— MikeyT—– 15 —–34
3—— Dewpro—– 15—– 37
4—– Spud—– 14 —–35
5—– Kavlfc—– 14—— 36
6—– Sedge——- 12—— 40
7—– Neo283—— 11—— 37
8—– WeeTony—— 11—- 43
9—— Yomp—— 10—– 39
10—- Daz1971—— 10 —–62
11—- JellyBelly—– 6—— 46
12—- A5OPY—— 6 ——47
 :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?
There are too many online users to list.