Skip navigation

1980 s1 golf

Back to the top

1980 s1 golf

hi there i just bought a golf gti,its ment to be a s1 golf gti but theres no dash in it,its there alright in the boot.can any one tell me hows it fixed into place.they also put a mk2 engine in it an left the metering head in the wrong place.and ran the fuel lines inside the car,an going out the bulk head.also did the same with the brake lines,put them inside the car an out the bulk head.also cut away the brackets for both fuel an brake lines.apart from this its a solid shell,ive a bit of work ahead of me.any pics of the s1 dash fixing would be great.i am thinking they cut out the s1 dash fixings an welded the s2 fixing not sure now i could be wrong.the vin is 17axxxxxxxxxx.any help on this would be great help thanks dan

Back to the top
Brake lines should be on the inside on a 80 s1

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

mk1

bump

Back to the top
I am pretty sure late S1 and S2 dashes use the same side brackets so it should slot straight in - give it a try.

'80 was the last year for internal brake pipes. Check your floorpans - if you have an indentation close to the sill for fuel lines you have the early set up with internal brake pipes.

Banner

Back to the top

mk1

thanks people for the replys just a few people are telling me that the brake pipes should be on the out side.why did vw put them on the inside do ya know

Back to the top
As they are less prone to damage and corrosion

Banner

Back to the top
:D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.