Skip navigation

1300 to 1.816v oil sensors

Back to the top

1300 to 1.816v oil sensors

I took the engine out of the driver 4 years ago 8O

Now im sorting the wiring for the 16v

Did the 1300 driver engine have two oil sensors high and low - on the 16v these are above the filter - on the driver i remember that the filter screwed directly to the block face…

Can't remember if the 1300 had the same type of sensors - only placed on the block/head somewhere?

any help from you driver to valver guys would be great! 8)

Back to the top
The small block has it/them on the head, at the back near the cam pulley. The Polo has 2, but I think the Golf only has one. I'm sure I only had 1 spare wire.

Back to the top
Is it for a high or low pressure sensor?

Back to the top
I don't know, but I fitted a Polo engine and connected the high pressure switch to the existing wire.

Back to the top
bound to be for low pressure…

spose i could wire in an additional gauge using the other one

Back to the top
i have a set of VDO guages which i got from a old audi a while back - but i don't have the wiring…

anyone done a how to yet on this? have searched through all the archives and whilst there is some good information there are a lot of "i'll do a how to and put some pics up" answers but no-one actually did!

Couple of questions…

Which sender do i retain on the 16v engine and which do a i replace with the audi twin pole pressure sender?  

As for oil temperature for the other guage - what sender could i use for this? Is this another audi part relevant to the vdo guages?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.