Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Oh no that's bad news Mike, sorry to hear that.

We'll work with you no problem ;-)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
So here we are after a delay or two at the result of the 'Champion of Champions' final.

We had in the final smudger RichardHall and as substitute sweetmk1dub

Now for the 'Asking price of this car.

13.jpg
13.jpg 13.jpg 13.jpg

And the asking price was € 9,500 or ₤ 7,308.

So the winner and our 1st 'Champion of Champions' is: RichardHall with £5768  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:
Second place goes to sweetmk1dub with: £3450  :ocf_emoticons__alright: (who gains two bonus points for stepping in at the last minute)

There's a special award to watson who was a non playing finalist and was the nearest with £7,500.  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:
So three bonus points to Watson for the start of Season 3!

The 'Champion of Champions' medal will be sent to Richard at the end of the season, it will look like this but with engraving! :thumbs:

So there you have it, just a warm up to next week when the season starts for real.
Difficult car that one but worthy of such a final!
I personally believe this car is the real deal but yes the asking price is high but then it is the asking price.
Not what the seller would like and not what the seller would take if he/she has to!
Remember all sellers have three prices! ;)  

See you all next Sunday for the first match.  :thumbs:  

Si 36thcrazyfist if you can catch all the bonus points partner!  ;)

Back to the top
ah i was so close. roll on next weekend. well done to the winners.1  :P

Back to the top

easternkris said

ah i was so close. roll on next weekend. well done to the winners.1  :P

Yes mate, hopefully we get back to normal insanity!  :ocf_emoticons__eek:

Back to the top
I was still some way off - well done Watson for getting so close - here is to season 3 good luck everyone....

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Golf Cabrio said

Do they? EVERY seller?

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Golf Cabrio said

Do they? EVERY seller?

Oh yes my friend. And Mike knows this only too well  :lol:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Well done RichardHall
A worthy winner.
I was slightly over on my guesstimate this week but it was a perfect car to warm up with. 
 :thumbs:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Well done RichardHall exciting start to this season wasn't too far off the mark myself either  :ninja: 
It ill prob go all downhill from here
 :lol :lol: 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Well done Rich.

Looking forward to the season opener!!  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Well done RichardHall , congratulations :thumbs:

Good guess watson a good head start for the new season, let battle commence!

Banner

Important!
I'd just like to update everyone that plays the little game of ours or just follows it for that matter. 

What happened to our former Champion smudger and why didn't he play in the Champion of Champions final? 

Well Andy contacted me to apologise and explain that one of his close relatives has been diagnosed with a serious illness. 

I'm not going to get into the details here but if he feels he wants to then that's different. 

But just to say Andy, no need to apologise my friend and I'm sure that everyone wishes your relative, you and your whole family all the best at this time! 

Please do play this season if you can as we'd love to have you back and well if not then next year when the Champion of Champions final returns once again.  :thumbs:
Important!

Back to the top
Sorry to hear that smudger , hope things work out okay. And  don't worry we have three months to battle it out!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family smudger hopefully there's better times ahead buddy ….

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Best wishes Andy#2! Take care mate  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Important!
Morning everyone,

So here we are again, another summer flown by and heading into those miserable winter months.  :(
But I bring good news, we are now on the eve of 'GAP Season 3' starting!  :ocf_emoticons__cheer:  :ocf_emoticons__clap:

Kick off will be around 9:00am your time or before depending on if I drink tonight and how much.  :wub:  O_o

Once again will see a variety of cars, specs and prices and don't forget this season for the first time we'll have some International matches.
I have chosen six cars from different parts of the world, mostly from Europe for you to guess the asking price.
Not every car is a to die for gem but that's half the fun.

REMEMBER!
Please try to use British Pounds as it makes life a heck of alot easier for us doing the scoring.
We have a new player/scorer the season Si 36thcrazyfist so lets try at least to make his new job as easy as possible!
Again you're trying to guess what price the seller has put on the car and not what you would be willing to pay for it.
Simply because you're not buying it as almost all have them have been sold or removed from sale!

Now the banter plays a big part of this competition, so we want to see plenty of the following.
 :P :'(  :$  :lol:  :ninja:  :devil:  :party:  :sinner:  :ocf_emoticons__lightsabre:  :ocf_emoticons__surrender:  :ocf_emoticons__cheer:  :ocf_emoticons__tank:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_boohoo:  :ocf_emoticons__lmao: :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__offtopic:

So having said all that, both Si and I wish you all the best for the new season and we'll see you at kick off of game 1 tomorrow morning!  :thumbs:  
Important!

Back to the top
Morning Mike, this seasons sounding good already as you say guessing is only the half of it the banter an backchat really keeps everyone involved …..
 :offtopic:
Did I dream it 💭💭or was I to get bonus points for submitting my first poem of season3⃣   :ninja:  :ninja:
God loves a try'r :lol :lol:

Back to the top

golfman16 said

Morning Mike, this seasons sounding good already as you say guessing is only the half of it the banter an backchat really keeps everyone involved …..
 :offtopic:
Did I dream it 💭💭or was I to get bonus points for submitting my first poem of season3⃣   :ninja:  :ninja:
God loves a try'r :lol :lol:

Well you're a tryer I'll give you that mate!  :lol:
Oh and yes it was a dream and I wish I could have such favorable dreams.  O_o

Keep this up and you may well find yourself in this position!

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Well this is definitely  :ocf_emoticons__offtopic:  

But for anyone who happens to be in Dubai and reading this can they please print this diagram off and hand it round to the England test match cricket team!

In colour would be best although they don't seem to be able to see that bright red cherry nut heading for the edge of their bats!  :(

Back to the top
Tick tock it's 9 o'clock…..

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.