Skip navigation

Anyone got A888WOX ? Help finding my old car

Back to the top
Hi does anyone out there have, or has ever seen A888 WOX ?   A reg Mk1 gti Mars Red.     I sold her in about 2000 to a nice guy near Welwyn garden city.

It had loads of Campaign spec but not the sunroof, part of me thought it might have been an import as it was registered in 1984.  I'd love to see it or hear about it again…

Cheers
Jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
It's been SORN'd since 2010, so it should be out there somewhere hopefully.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Ah it would be great to find it….    I expect posting a message here is about the best hope I have of tracking it down.

I've got a photo of the car somewhere I'll dig it out …

Cheers
Jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
I don't think in your case this'll help, but for future reference you can check (if the terms of use are met) on-line to see if a vehicle is insured at -

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

Like the Govt. Road Tax/ MOT check site, it can be another useful indicator whether or not a car still exists.

It's not foolproof though, I've two cars insured with Allianz for off-road, garaged cover over the winter and this doesn't show up.

Back to the top
I'll assume from Richards post it's still alive !!

Here she is  back in the day.  I think I might be wrong and it had a glass sunroof.

Someone will need to remind me how to embed the image in a posting..

Cheers
Jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
Can't get photo to open, says unavailable.

If you have a photobucket account, you can just copy the image link and paste it into your post. Before you click Make post, if you click preview ten you can see if it has worked.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi Jez, here is your photo for you.

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Thanks for the post

Hopefully one day the owner of A888WOX will search the forum and get in touch :)

Cheers
Jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
Hi there

Just to say if the owner is out there I'd be interested in hearing from them and finding out what their plans are for the car.

Cheers
Jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
Found another picture of her :).

If I recall it was not a campaign but had
  • registration in 1984
  • 17EW chassis number
  • glass pop sunroof
  • MFA
  • lockable petrol cap
  • dips in the door pins
  • leather steering wheel
  • red blackstripe interior
  • it was quick !
photo 20150516_133840_zpszgc7vqqc.jpg

Last edit: by jez

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
what about applying to the DVLA for the infomation and then contacting the last/present owner?

Back to the top
Pretty sure you need good reason to get that info from dvla, I don't think they would consider wanting to buy it as good enough.

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
We have a duty under the Data Protection Act 1998
to protect personal information.
However, Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002, provides for the release of information where a person shows reasonable cause to want it.

just had a look at the form, doesnt look like it would be that easy
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.