Skip navigation

Like Zender?

Back to the top
could someone tell me how much a zender roof tip spoiler is worth? its in really good condition but I don't think I will ever fit it. it came with the car and im thinking of putting it in with a whole job lot of parts.

mIsChIeF mAnAgEd.... kind of

Back to the top
erm, they are about 10 quid

whats your paypal address?

:lol:

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top

zorg said

erm, they are about 10 quid

whats your paypal address?

If I'd not of read this thread I would of sold it you for a tenner! :o

mIsChIeF mAnAgEd.... kind of

Back to the top
photo photo_zps36f1354d.jpg
Got some Zender turbos for sale
All good condition polish up nice. One of them has a bit of pitting on it but not too bad.
Tyres are all good.
looking for £450

Back to the top
My Zender Grill back from the paint shop :-)

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Love it, a 100% improvement… Difficult to fit?

Back to the top

Bacardincoke said

Love it, a 100% improvement… Difficult to fit?

A little fidly….could have done with 2 people really…making sure the lamp surrounds are in the right place before drilling holes in me body work

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Possible to post a few shots of the car from different angles with the new lights on?

Back to the top

Bacardincoke said

Possible to post a few shots of the car from different angles with the new lights on?

Hi Mate yet to wire in the inners….question for you should the inners be wired to the outers so all come on when switched on?

Back to the top
Up until today I thought the inner lamps were 'fog' lights because of the cut of the lens (in the same way 'Campaigns' have inner 'fog' lights and earlier models have 'spot' lights), though it's looking like I was mistaken

I've had a scan through different German text Zender catalogues and part sheets and they only refer to 'head' lights.

There's a couple of English text GTI Engineering catalogues that seem to back this up.

One refers to a relay kit that's only needed if the car the grille is to be fitted to was originally fitted with 'fog' lights.

Another goes as far as stating…

"Four headlamp conversion - Restyled front panel with two additional 7" diameter headlamps which when used with original headlamp units gives 4 x 7" headlamps."

My grille's never been fitted to a car I've owned so I can't say how it was originally wired though your lamps look to be identical… Mine have the numbers 24565R8 and 301-124 974 are in the glass.

I'm only guessing, but the cut of the lens doesn't seem to allow for light to be pointed down and left as it would on a main light when on dipped beam. I'd say they may be 'spot' lights that should only illuminate with the full beam of the outer main lights.

Be very interested to know myself!

Back to the top
Having no luck finding a single piece spoiler so I'm now getting the et30, 7x15 with caps repaired and refurbished.

They are off to Lepsons as I have heard good reports and they have been great in there communication, so looking forward to getting them back asap! Will be selling my current set with tyres when they return!

Last edit: by shepp

Back to the top
Looking forward to seeing these... You going for painted or polished/diamond cut?

Back to the top
Going to do them in standard flat silver as originally in the german ad car (people standing around it looking in). Don't like the idea of tarting them up or modernising them. Though I did have a thought of spraying them mars red, it a 80's thing to do (remember the all white ones) but I don't seem to be brave enough!!! 

Back to the top

Got some new wheels for the old girl.
Couldn't look/ drive it with the turbos on just didn't suit the car.
Happy with the car now maybe lower the front a bit.
just a good clean

Last edit: by nifty

Back to the top
I'm going to say a small prayer for you tonight…

Back to the top
It was a sunny day last sunday….so dragged her nose out for a bit of fresh air…..been sleeping since sept 2013

Back to the top

nifty said

Got some new wheels for the old girl.
Couldn't look/ drive it with the turbos on just didn't suit the car.
Happy with the car now maybe lower the front a bit.
just a good clean

I do like your re-trimmed seats…modern but retro

Back to the top
The arrived, very impressed with lepson a so full endorse them if anyone's considering!
C:\fakepath\image.jpg   C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
Gorgeous, just some pics of them on the car needed now... What size tyres did you decide upon?

Back to the top
They look great ! how much was the refurb?

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v
There are too many online users to list.