Skip navigation

Like Zender?

Back to the top
Not sure if this is a current ad but check out the spec. on this beauty… Oettinger / Zender and more. Just a shame it's in Athens!

http://www.2040cars.com/Volkswagen/Golf/volkswagen-golf-gti-oettinger-1983-1-6-8v-unique--534611/

Back to the top
This car has been for sale a few times on ebay and a few other sites, with it never seeming to complete. The engine has a unusual Ottinger engine, not like the twisted inlet I associate with ottinger!?

Back to the top
Even though the link's to a classified ad site there doesn't seem to be an asking price. The wording of the text looks like it's been cut'n'pasted from an auction without actually mentioning money.

Was there ever a purchase price for it on any of the ads you've seen? Curious to know what they think it's worth.

Back to the top
It's exactly the same photos and write up every time so not sure what is happening. On e-bay it gets to 3500 euro and then goes.  I love the kit but not sure I would call it a ottinger with it just having a cam from them.   

Back to the top
All sounds a bit suspect, pity with such a nice car.

Not that many pics about of Z20 kitted cars so always a bonus to find stuff you haven't seen before… It's from an old post on Vortex, but new to me -

The smaller double lights suit the car, but still prefer the larger 7" twins.

Back to the top
pics of front of mine,,enjoy:)

Back to the top

lawce70 said

pics of front of mine,,enjoy:)

ummmm nice

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Looking even better than ever now... The inner lights look to be the original 7" fogs, hard to come by. More Zender bits planned?

Back to the top
keeping my eyes out for a front spoiler but like rockin horse poo...and yes the fogs are origional but ive got them wired in with the lights just to make it a bit different:)

Back to the top
It's a Zender thing… If you don't suffer it, you'll probably not understand!

You maybe noticed this on the scans from the trade brochure a page or two back?

Here's one in the flesh in all its 1:5 glory… That's a 1:18 scale Otto Models MK1 beside it for reference.

The real deal…

Dipped out on this one. It was on eBay.de a while ago but I couldn't justify the cost at the time. Seller tugged the auction and I've no way of finding out where it is now!

I know it's a Merc. but having it would have made the set, shame.

Back to the top
Unlike a lot of 'rare' items this one probably deserves the title… Pity I'm two years, too late and it's on the other side of the globe.

Linky - http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f24/mk1-door-trims-zender-body-kit-lots-other-stuff-57923.html

Back to the top
Message him mate. You never know he might still have it and be willing to send  :cool:  :cool:

Back to the top
My photobucket was just one big library and becoming unmanageable, so decided to tidy it up into sub folders and this is the result… All the pic links are broken.

Just too much hassle trying to rectify things (yet again) so apologies for the major lack of images.

Looks like I'll have to do a Zender - Close the thread down and re-invent it under new management a few years from now.

Any recommendations for alternatives to photobucket greatly appreciated.

Back to the top
a couple of pics that i was trying to buy parts from a couple of years ago, from eastern europe..

Back to the top
Hope the Zender bits, specially the genuinely rare' Heckschriftzug' fitted below the tail lights were salvaged? The rest's a bit of an acquired taste.

Back to the top
it was the Heckschriftzug that i was trying to buy from the guy, i offered 150 euro delivered to uk but he never returned my emails after that..  O_o

Back to the top
Unfortunately been there also… Tracked down and bought a NOS 3-piece rear spoiler in Poland with original packaging and paperwork, even the Zender sealant, everything. Agreed a price but it all fell through when he couldn't get his head around BIC / IBAN numbers for international payments. It's probably still lying in his garage.

Back to the top
perhaps someone can help me then? i brought this doner golf, and (from memory) this is a zender rear spoiler? i want to get the thing off when i break the car to sell it on, just wondering is removal pretty straightforward? i dont want to go wrecking it thats all…

Back to the top
if you look on the underside of the spoiler there is 4 holes,, mine has self tapping screws holding it to the tailgate..the side trims will probably be held on the same way although mine are stuck on bcus i cant bring myself to drill holes in the side of my car :o

Back to the top
Took these pics a while ago for something else and wasn't trying to highlight the fixing holes however you should still be able to see how it's attached…

There are too many online users to list.