Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 GTI, Alpine White, TSR Pack C, ATS cups - SOLD

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 GTI, Alpine White, TSR Pack C, ATS cups - SOLD

Ok, due to work commitments, it is with regret that my mk1 has to go…  

1983 - (Y) reg MK1 Golf GTi in Alpine White.

1800cc engine. Top end re-build in autumn 2008 with TSR Pack C Big valve head, Kent camshaft, Audi 2.2 throttle body with inlet enlarged to match, 16v warm up regulater & K&N panel filter. Bosch silver line Battery. (Elring head gasket kit/bolts used when head fitted)

OMP stainless steel exhaust system with single 45mm tailpipe.

FK adjustable coilover suspension with front upper OMP & lower autocavan strutbraces.

7 x 15 ATS CUP Alloy wheels with 195/45/15 Toyo T1R Proxes all round.

Upgraded front brakes using larger audi calipers & sport discs.

The body work & paint is in good overall condition having undergone a re-working in 2005 (prior to my ownership, but the work appears to be of a good standard.  :thumbsup: ) Small amount of bubbling around the sunroof & bottom of A-pillars - but nothing drastic. (Detailed photo's to follow)

I have replaced both headlights & rear lenses with genuine standard Hella items, matching white front indicators in the front bumper & a genuine single headlamp grille with red surround.

All interior trim panels, carpets, parcel shelf/supports & seats replaced with good clean 2nd hand original items scourced & fitted by me.

Speedo shows 176k, but instrument cluster has been replaced at some point in the past - Possibly pre-2001 as I have the previous 7 Mot's that tally up with the displayed mileage. This has never bothered me as it's not a 1 owner, FSH car!   

MOT is august 2009ish… (Haven't got the certificate to hand as I'm writing this, so will confirm in the next few days!   :rolleyes: )

Overall a good, solid, usable original looking mk1 gti with sensible modifications to chassis & engine.

I do like my old VW's & always try to keep them in good condition, however any inspection is more than welcome.  

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

Cheers people.

(PS: 2nd photo is with the old M3 style rear lenses - these are still available if preferred.)
More photo's of interior & details to follow in the next few days…

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.