Skip navigation

Expensive service=Backfire, Spluttering, HELP!

Back to the top

Expensive service=Backfire, Spluttering, HELP!

just  reading back, did you fix the leaky exhaust,yep low  fuel pressure would cause problems  and are you sure they have set up the mixture and timing correct, also worth double checking metering head and fuel pump, have a read through old posts in the fuel systems section.  i'd hazzad a guess at fuel pump, if garage has set up everything else right

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Thanks very much for all the help, i hope it wont be a few pump as this will be costly!!!

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
good luck and fingers crossed

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
may be worth looking at the acummilator theres a screw on the back if these go generaly they weap from the screw im guessing the you fished alot of rust out the tank i found it fun :lol:

if this is the case you may have clogged the acumilator these have a rubber diaphram in so doesnt take much to kill it i repalced the following when mine went

tank
filler neck
fuel pump
acummilator
filter
intank pump

that cured my problem

Back to the top
Ahhhh, i dont have enough money for that!my insurance is 130 a month and i only earn a bit over that a month! :roll: oh bugger, well cheers for the help, if the rain goes ill get working!!!

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
Basically stripping this all apart today, is there anything else i can do apart from the following, as i might aswell tackle it all while i can. i am doing(probs as we speak!):
-Inlet Manifold gasket and general cleanage!
-Injectors cleaning and fuel lines to these.
-making sure petrol cap is tight fitting and breather pipes on filler neck to ensure correct pressure in tank.
-Checking if new fuel filter has collected anymore crud.
-Flushing braded fuel lines.

(cheers for help so far lads!)

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
Ritey,I have done all of the above fixed the replaced the leaky gasket on the Inlet,i also checked the fuel pump,cleaned the pipes leading to this in which there was alot of rust. And replaced the fuel filter!!after hopping in the car again it was exactly the same as before.       

So all I can acount it for now Is the injectors being faulty,could these have become faulty due to metal reaching them??although there was alot of rust,I'm not totally sure if it cudda reached these.

What else could it be???!!!!!

Im reaching the limit!!

Cheers

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
FIXED WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
Congrats! So what was the final problem?

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.