Skip navigation

mk1 scirocco storm, whats it worth?

Back to the top

mk1 scirocco storm, whats it worth?

i have no more to say, it will only drag on and the outcome will be the same, i have just learned a valuable mistake and in future will not mention cars i am planning to buy. guy was offered cash but wanted my mk3 gti instead .

Back to the top

wooders said

bigdave said

go see it before the 10th with the cash in your pocket!  :wink:

good advice. i know i'm going to.

Thats put the cat amongst the pigeons :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

dubhighland said

i have no more to say, it will only drag on and the outcome will be the same, i have just learned a valuable mistake and in future will not mention cars i am planning to buy. guy was offered cash but wanted my mk3 gti instead .

Its a lesson learn't no doubt, but its not the end of the world. I don't think that, that storm was the best of colours and its likely another one will come up for sale in the future.

Back to the top

lhasa said

dubhighland said

Its a lesson learn't no doubt, but its not the end of the world. I don't think that, that storm was the best of colours and its likely another one will come up for sale in the future.

Nope doubt it?? that was the last ever one offered for sale ever again!!

He should'nt of told no one  :roll:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
to add to that, i will agree that the actions of a couple of vultures are far less than honourable. shame on said low down dirty rotten scoundrils.

Back to the top

wooders said

to add to that, i will agree that the actions of a couple of vultures are far less than honourable. shame on said low down dirty rotten scoundrils.

Your emotional blackmail won't work with me! I've wanted a Storm for years, I saw the car a month ago but couldn't buy it at the time. Ever since then, every day I thought about it and regretted not being able to buy it. And as stated before, I'm still majorly apprehensive because, despite sending a cheque off, I now know that at least 2 others are interested in the car and could "gazump" me by offering slightly more. It would be easy for the seller to tear up my cheque, and also possible he might cash it and leave me in the lurch.

Indeed, I suggested if he had others lined up for viewing it, he allows them to and then only once that's out the way (or he sells it to them), definitely commits to selling to me. After all, I've only spoken to the seller on the phone. Can I ask, do the others actually have the cash available to buy the car, or would they be somewhat leading the seller on? Do you think its fair to do that? And if so, and you want it as much as me, why haven't you phoned the seller yourself and made an offer on the car???

Back to the top

paul_c said

wooders said

Your emotional blackmail won't work with me! I've wanted a Storm for years, I saw the car a month ago but couldn't buy it at the time. Ever since then, every day I thought about it and regretted not being able to buy it. And as stated before, I'm still majorly apprehensive because, despite sending a cheque off, I now know that at least 2 others are interested in the car and could "gazump" me by offering slightly more. It would be easy for the seller to tear up my cheque, and also possible he might cash it and leave me in the lurch.

Indeed, I suggested if he had others lined up for viewing it, he allows them to and then only once that's out the way (or he sells it to them), definitely commits to buying from me. After all, I've only spoken to the seller on the phone. Can I ask, do the others actually have the cash available to buy the car, or would they be somewhat leading the seller on? Do you think its fair to do that? And if so, and you want it as much as me, why haven't you phoned the seller yourself and made an offer on the car???
who on earth would make an offer on a car they have not seen?
 as for fair? morals are one thing. a car for sale is a car for sale. it's offered out to whomever may want to purchase it. sellers and buyers of cars are rarely a meating of like minds. at least one of the two are normaly trying to have the other one over.
 if i get time, i'll go see it. it's a huge distance from me though. like wise, i've always wanted a storm. indeed i had one stored in a garage waiting for an overhaul and a paint job. 1 owner from new and as solid a car as you'de ever find. garage got torched!

Back to the top
I made an offer, based on pictures only, due to the distance (over 400 miles). I worked out the costs, it would have cost me ?260 in travel costs alone, to drive up and see the car in the flesh.

Back to the top
also, some one has posted on here for some help and for some one who is an integral part of the forums hierachy, you are definently taking the moral low ground on this one.
 not that i blame you

Back to the top
Blame bigdave, he posted the link to the advert. Anyone else could have clicked on it and bought it too, indeed you're planning to see it too, knowing a deposit is on the car!!!!!!

Back to the top
if bigdave didn't post the add, i'd have been none the wiser. just to make things clear on the moral issue, i myself could crawl under the belly of a snake.

Back to the top
blame google! i image searched 'mk1 scirocco storm' and that pic and link came up! try it!  :wink:

or

blame me! I dont mind!  :lol:

Back to the top
who really cares,just buy the bloody thing and move on :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Just done a search, there's 4 or 5 Storms for sale at the moment. What's the issue? If someone's vaguely interested in a car, are we all supposed to back off and clear the way for him, and him alone, to offer some money for it? Fact is, he doesn't have the cash and is relying on the seller taking his Mk3 Golf in part ex, which he isn't interested in and will only try to resell anyway.

Back to the top
right i tried to end this on page 2 or 3 but you guys are keepin it going, 1. i do have the cash 2. it was a swap for mk3 gti not p/x . i was offered car last year and passed it by and it came up again recently so i asked on here for advice due to thinking thats what i would get, but i was wrong about that 1 thats for sure, i think this topic should end now and if you buy, great enjoy it 8)

Back to the top
theres clearly only one way to settle this:

seriously thou, dubhighland, dont be put of going to see the car and making an offer just because someone else is interested especially if its on your doorstep! and equally dont feel like you have to offer over the odds just because someone else is interested.

Back to the top

bigdave said

theres clearly only one way to settle this:

:clap: pmsl

Back to the top

paul_c said

mk1john said

according to this site, there were only 300 made in havana brown, http://www.sciroccoreg…r.co.uk/as/as_history.htm

The Mk1 Scirocco Storm was indeed a rare and special car. Unlike the MK1 Golf Campaign (which was not that much better equipped than the equivalent non-Campaign, all told) it had leather upholstry and exclusive colours, making it desirable in its time. And they definitely kept it as a limited production numbers car.

You really dont like the campaign do you paul…!lucky the site is no longer the campaign register…!   :lol:

Back to the top
My mate just brought one from vw as it was to high mileage for a trade in brought it for ?175 and just sold it for ?750 he was happy and it was a f/s/h with vag garage  :oops:

Back to the top
Dubhighland your closer than anyone, just go get it surely its 1st come  1st serve???

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.