Skip navigation

oil light flashing, heated seats and parts

Back to the top

oil light flashing, heated seats and parts

Hi people,

I have a mk1 golf rivage in which I am very near to completing the restoration, I have had a full complete bare metal re-spray, whole new interior re-trimmed except the front seats as im trying to fix the heated seats, engine work, etc etc, but I have a few issues I need to resolve as below:

1. After driving the car for about 20mins the oil light flashes up, I always pull over and check the oil, which is fine, but the oil light still flashes, does this mean the oil pump is faulty, how do I check oil PRESSURE?

2. My car constantly pulls to left, if I let go of the steering wheel it goes very violently to the left, the car has had adjustable suspension on it, if this is not set up correctly would this affect the steering?, i have had a four wheel aligment done on it and it was fine but still pulls to the left, also the suspension is very hard, when ever I drive over a pot hole or bump it sounds like a bomb going off, would a original mk1 suspenion be a better drive? i.e not hard?

3. Can anyone help me on where I can purchase new heated seat elements and relays for my heated seats?

4. Can anyone help me on purchasing a pukka or brand new set of side trims, black with chrome in the middle?

Back to the top

Re: oil light flashing, heated seats and parts

mickeystewart said

3. Can anyone help me on where I can purchase new heated seat elements and relays for my heated seats?

Have you tried VW ? Are you sure its the elements ?

Back to the top

mickeystewart said

2. My car constantly pulls to left, if I let go of the steering wheel it goes very violently to the left, the car has had adjustable suspension on it, if this is not set up correctly would this affect the steering?, i have had a four wheel aligment done on it and it was fine but still pulls to the left, also the suspension is very hard, when ever I drive over a pot hole or bump it sounds like a bomb going off, would a original mk1 suspenion be a better drive? i.e not hard?

Start a new thread in running gear for this problem .  :)

Back to the top

mickeystewart said

1. After driving the car for about 20mins the oil light flashes up, I always pull over and check the oil, which is fine, but the oil light still flashes, does this mean the oil pump is faulty, how do I check oil PRESSURE?

Search the site for the answer .

Back to the top

mickeystewart said

4. Can anyone help me on purchasing a pukka or brand new set of side trims, black with chrome in the middle?

Try http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/ ring them ! Web site is out of date !
Cheers……………

There are too many online users to list.