Skip navigation

instrument cluster earth

Back to the top

instrument cluster earth

Hi all, just a quick question as im unable to get to my car at the moment i just need too see if anyone can say where the earth from the instrument cluster (is it black and a black/white or something?) earth point is, as people say the rocker cover earth has a lot to do with how good this is but i dont remember putting one on when changing the engine?

Cheers dears

1982 1.8T-20v-GtEfi. K03S. Megasquirt. 16v Servo + MS. Relayed lights. Mk3 Wiper Motor… Getting too Reliable!
With thanks Eddie-Toyotec, Ben-Bens_cab, Brian-Broke and the Mk1 Owners Club! 211Bhp, should get 250 on next map!

Back to the top
It depends on the year of the car, some have earth rosettes on the back of the cluster and at the fusebox.

Banner

Back to the top
brown white is MFA earth [plug on left of clocks] this should go to the rocker cover .Clocks should also have brown as main earth
. Info for MFA equipped 1983 GTI car .   

:D

Back to the top
Ok so i wont need to bother with the brown white, i have a 1982 1.6gti which didnt come with mfa. Do you know where the main brown is earthed? I have a rosette close to the fuse box but ive never seen one behind the dash? Would it be a good idea to have a low gauage wire going from the battery negative to this rosette?

Nick

1982 1.8T-20v-GtEfi. K03S. Megasquirt. 16v Servo + MS. Relayed lights. Mk3 Wiper Motor… Getting too Reliable!
With thanks Eddie-Toyotec, Ben-Bens_cab, Brian-Broke and the Mk1 Owners Club! 211Bhp, should get 250 on next map!

Back to the top
Just find the Brown wire on the clocks plug and earth that any where . I have earthed mine using a self tapper behind the clocks .

:D

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.