Skip navigation

Uprated headlight loom but only one side working!!!!

Back to the top

Uprated headlight loom but only one side working!!!!

Ive been working on my car to try and get it MOT'd but the Driver's headlight isnt working.  Its got an uprated loom but i dont think its been wired properly.  I checked the fuses and replaced and still nothing, any ideas?

Back to the top
Is there a separate relay for dip and main? Are both lamps connected in the loom or at the relay? A fuse should be before the relay so if both lamps come from the same relay, the fact that one works means the fuse is OK.

Back to the top

yeha said

Is there a separate relay for dip and main? Are both lamps connected in the loom or at the relay? A fuse should be before the relay so if both lamps come from the same relay, the fact that one works means the fuse is OK.

There are 2 relays, should there only be one?  The left loom conects with original connection and the right is running off relay, i think…. :? .  The is a fus before the relay and they are both 10amp.

Back to the top
There will be one relay for dip beam and one for main beam. The connection into the original loom should be there only to activate the relays. There should also be a power and ground connection.Have you got a multi meter? Check how the wires connect from the relay to the lamps. It could be that the relay has 2 output pins and that the crimp has fallen off one of them.
There are too many online users to list.