Skip navigation

Oil light flashhing

Back to the top

Oil light flashhing

my oil light seems to be flashing when im driving round, but the oil seems to be fine  :dontknow:
does anyone know what may be causing this

cheerss
craig

1983 1.6 gti [<i>DECEASED</i>]For Now ;)

1982 1.8 gti

<b>www.vagwales.net</b>

Back to the top
Take care, The light flashes if the oil pressure is low. When you say the oil is OK…do you mean the dipstick ? That just means there is plenty of it but it might not be getting round the motor. Could be a faulty switch so best to check the OIL PRESSURE.  J

Beetle restoration. Cabrio GTi (black and shiny). Golf driver.
16v MK2. (Oak green) Now on a Clipper (to keep). Audi A8 4.2 Quattro sport and a BMW R65 bike.

Back to the top
this is usual a faulty earth or shorting cable. mine's been doiing it for 8 years now had new switches and check the oil pressure on a regular basis and still it flashes. i've given up on it now without a rewire it's staying like that.

this does not mean that it's the same with your car just mine and a few others on here. check your oil pressure if it's fine then most likely a short

Back to the top
i checked the oil pressure once i got into work this morning, everything seems to be fine, must be an electrical fault
I guess im stuck with the light flashing, I guess it's better than a problem with the oil pressure.
Cheers

1983 1.6 gti [<i>DECEASED</i>]For Now ;)

1982 1.8 gti

<b>www.vagwales.net</b>

Back to the top
av been getting same probs but only now and again not always

:dontknow:

Back to the top
it will soon do your head in once the buzzer starts like mine does every now and again

1984 white s2 golf gti , 2006 golf gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.