Skip navigation

Don't understand indicator wiring - fitting different dash

Back to the top

Don't understand indicator wiring - fitting different dash

hi all

Im fitting a different dashboard to my 83 mk1 but dont understand the wiring of the indicator lights.

Try to picture the scenario as im wiring up a new set of clocks with two wires, one to each side of a bulb.

Now from what i can see from various wiring diagrams the indicator circuit in the mk1 clocks is fed through pin 14 a black switched live, through a resitor through the bulb then out the clocks on pin 13. this then goes round the houses and connects to the hazard warning light switch.

My problem is that when I wire the new clock up like this by putting a switched live to one side of the bulb and connecting the other side to the pin 13 wire cut off the mk1 cluster loom the indicators have a problem.

if leave the stalk in the middle position (indicators off) then the relay buzzes and the light stays on green.

any ideas what the hell is going on?can anyone supply me with a simplified wiring diagram of the indicators??? seems like the hazard switch is an integral part of the system which is a pain!

Jedermanns Wunschtraum…

ein Volkswagen

Back to the top
What clocks are you fitting ?

Back to the top
solved it now, was just tierd and was getting confused!

Jedermanns Wunschtraum…

ein Volkswagen
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.