Skip navigation

Another Indicator problem

Back to the top

Another Indicator problem

I just got my new GTi Cabby and its great but theres a few small things that need to be done. I have an indicator problem, On the near side of the car, the front and side indicators dont work but the rear one does, I've checked the bulbs and they are fine. Anyone know what it would be?  :(

David

Back to the top
Remove the plug at the rear of the indicator unit [under the headlight] check for power when indicator on . This is usually due to corroded lamp holder faulty corroded connector and or missing earth . Will not be a fuze issue as it shares the same item with those that you say are working

Cheers……

[black / white wire supplies indicator , brown earth]

Back to the top
ok, i've just had a better check, when my headlights are on full, the grill lights only light up on the offside but the indicator lights up on the nearside. As the car was recently re sprayed, is it possible that the indicator wires were plugged into the headlight and vise versa?

David

Back to the top
i've swapped a few plugs around and it seems to of worked, i have both full beam lights and the front indicator but i still dont have a side indicator, when i took it out it was full of water, i've cleaned the connection and changed the bulb but there doesnt seem to be any power going to it when i checked it. do you know what this could be?

David

Back to the top
Side indicator ? Tin tops dont have them . I will bet that there is a wiring connector either under the wing protector or in the engine bay , follow the wiring back till you find it .

Cheers……….

Back to the top
I have a cabriolet, I've traced the wires back into the engine and theres no power source to the connector plug.

David

Back to the top

David_Golf said

I have a cabriolet, I've traced the wires back into the engine and theres no power source to the connector plug.

Hi mate

I've just looked on my cabby that I'm stripping, seems that the power leed comes from the car, plugs into the side flasher, then there is a return from the side flasher that should then plug into the front indicator..
Try that…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.