Skip navigation

Orange MFA indicator on Dash says on update!!!!

Back to the top

Orange MFA indicator on Dash says on update!!!!

Help im trying to figure out why the orange change up light is staying on all the time.

Does any body know where it connects to, the only time it goes out is when i pull relay 5 out????? so i got another relay 5 a put that in and it now doesnt come on at all.so i put the old relay back in and it work again but still stays on!!!! the mpg indicator works fime when you put it in fifth.

anybody else had this problem before

:banghead:

any help i would be soooooooooooo gratful

cheers

Chris L

Back to the top
Vacuum has fallen off check hoses in engine bay look at the rear of the rocker cover and you will see the small vacuum hose going to the clocks . Follow this and find the problem .

Worst scenario will be its fallen off the back of the speedo panel .  This goes out in fifth gear ? Even when not connected .

Back to the top
ah mine dont go out in fifth!!!! so what could that be????

cheers for the help

Chris L

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

ah mine dont go out in fifth!!!! so what could that be????

cheers for the help

Chris L

gear linkage adjustment is out or gear box mfa switch is faulty .

see

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=763&highlight=mfa

Back to the top
cheers chudd, im one step ahead of uah, and brought a multi plug gear thing from, VAG parts.com however this one got three pins going into the gearbox, NOT like the one i took out which has five, both are the same part number just that the new one has a J on the end.

Is it the right one?

many thanks for all your help BTW

cheers

Chris L :D

Back to the top
Hi,
I replaced my MFA switch on the gearbox a few months ago. Issue I had was;

1. Reversing lights would not work.
2. The MFA indicator would NOT come on in 5th i.e. the needle would not appear.

The ornage light woorked OK - i.e came on when RPM > 2000.

I got my switch from GSF. Straight relacement in my Campaign - can't remember how many prongs it had. There was a thread on here a while back that discussed issues with different types.

Out of interest you mention VAG parts.com - can you buy VAG parts online now?

Cheers
 :wink:

Back to the top
these are proberly mk2 items witch are the same but two of the pins need swapping round cant remember witch at the mo just need an ohmeter to

cheers rob

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
right well my rear reverse light works, my ecometer (white needle) gauge work when i put it in 5th but my MPG digital trip dont work and the orange light is always on wheather with just the ignition on or if im in fifth.

this is really starting to bug me now HELP!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Is it the geat switch plug that controls the orange light????
There are too many online users to list.