Skip navigation

Driver wiring ID please with pics

Back to the top

Driver wiring ID please with pics

Hey

Can any of you driver guys nip out and identify what these wires are for on a driver engine bay loom… its not the main headlight loom - its the other one beside it

I know most of them are engine sensors but the red/black and black which run to the plastic connector has me stumped - why would it have a plug like that? Also the black and yellow running to one plug??

Also the black wire in the pic below which has three plugs on it - wots it about?

any help appreciated - should have labled these before removing them… :oops:

Back to the top
anyone???

Back to the top
im desperately trying to rack my brains to work this one out…the one thats got the little metal female spade on it clips onto the top of the rocker cover, not sure why…if that is indeed the one …

the only thing on the car that has 3 plugs that i can remember is the brake light switch…i used an audi pedal switch so got rid of it…

i believe the yellow and black one is for the carb or manifold /somewhere up near the bulkhead…

maybe not very helpful, but that spade connector is in clear view and im sure thats for the top of the cover, like i say all the rest is guesswork/from what i can remember

hth mate
JJ

Back to the top
I have had a good look at this and agree with the brake light switch part .

You may have to get the haynes wiring diagram out and find the wire colours
Or try

http://volkswagen.msk.ru/index.php?p=page09_g1

Top link 'wiring diagrams' Usa but uses same colour code

Cheers ………..

Back to the top
its not the brake light - they are two pin remember and have plugs on them the same as that fit on your side light bulb… and its on the other bigger loom…

i have worked out what the rest do bar that wire with the two plugs… isn't it a carb heater element???
There are too many online users to list.