Skip navigation

Oil pressure gauge, help please!

Back to the top

Oil pressure gauge, help please!

just bought my 1st gti  :). the 3 gauges in the centre were there but no wiring, ive made the loom and the lights are fine as is the voltmeter but the thing is the oil temp gauge is a 150 deg c gauge do i still need to change the sender? and which 1 is it? some posts say it is on the back of the head and some say the right hand side???

its a 83 if that helps

Back to the top
the sender goes on the right hand side of the head as you look at it, if the gauge is a 150 then its from an Audi quattro, the sender is about ?50 8O  there was one on flea bay a couple of days ago brand new boxed :wink:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
that sender on ebay just finished…went for a tenner :banghead: wanted 2 know if i needed it before i bought 1. does the oil temp gauge wire go 2 the existing sender on the oil filter? the 1 furthest from the engine??

Back to the top
The Golf has 2 oil senders low pressure [ on the head ] and high on the back of the oil filter .  

Temp for MFA [as you rightly say] is the spade terminal on top of the oil filter [on it's side] but i am not sure if this will run a different guage . Worth a try .

Most VDO guages  for oil are pressure only not temp and that requires a special sender unit .

Back to the top

Back to the top
thanks for your help, so i'm prob's going to need another sender to get the oil temp gauge up and running as well.
There are too many online users to list.