Skip navigation

MFA Oil Temp reading

Back to the top

MFA Oil Temp reading

Right, i'm no genius at electrics but i'm hopfully going to ask a simple question. The MFA on my rivage reads - - when you put it on to the oil temp setting, the rest of the MFA works a treat. Is this just the oil temp sensor/switch that has packed up? I've looked on GSF website and they list the part:

93490 - OIL TEMPERATURE SENSOR - G1 K-Jetronic Inj. - ?6.95

Has anyone encountered this problem, is it just a simple swap? If so where is the temp sensor located? :dontknow:

Cheers for any help.

Back to the top
Does it remain blank no matter how warm the oil gets?

I know it doesn't register a temp until it gets to 50C.

Should be an easy swap tho'

Tian :|

Back to the top
mine dont work either :lol: …………one of the 2 things that dont currently work on my car…..mfa oil temp and ash tray light :lol:  everyrthing else is tickety boo :wink:

must get a new sender and see if that cures it? might be a brittle or broken wire though :dontknow:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
No it doesn't read a temp at all, it's bugging me coz since I got the car a couple of months back, i've been fixing all the sodding little things that the last owner neglected. But this one of the things I don't have a clue about, never had a MK1 GTI before, so MFA is a bonus. Well if it was fully working that is.

There are too many online users to list.