Skip navigation

again on the coolant level sender and the red led flashing!

Back to the top

again on the coolant level sender and the red led flashing!

This bloody red led keeps flashing again, even with the engine off.

The coolant level is ok, the temperature is okay, so what?

I removed the coolant level sender and I realised that it is a pretty weird thing: there are two strange cylinders similar to pHmeters.

Unfortunately nor the Haynes neither the Bentley spend a single word on it, is there any way to test this unit?

Ben

Golf Cabrio 1.8 GTI Quartett, 1989, Helios Blue.

Land Rover Defender MY 2007, Carintia Blue

FIAT 600, 1954, grey

FIAT Panda 4x4 Climbing, 2009, Bianco Bianco

http://homepage.mac.com/bengi/PhotoAlbum36.html

Back to the top
The mix of water and coolant is probably wrong. Those little prong things are testing the resistance. If the mix is out then the resistance will be out too causing the warning light to flash.

Failing this try another sender.

Tian :wink:

Back to the top

Tian said

The mix of water and coolant is probably wrong. Those little prong things are testing the resistance. If the mix is out then the resistance will be out too causing the warning light to flash.
Failing this try another sender.

The mix was okay (G12 at the -25?C indications). I have just replaced the sender and the problem is fixed!

BTW. how strong should the sender be screwed? It is plastic with a sort of o-ring. Will the dilatation of the o-ring be enough to keep the system under pressure or a good torque is needed?

Ben

Golf Cabrio 1.8 GTI Quartett, 1989, Helios Blue.

Land Rover Defender MY 2007, Carintia Blue

FIAT 600, 1954, grey

FIAT Panda 4x4 Climbing, 2009, Bianco Bianco

http://homepage.mac.com/bengi/PhotoAlbum36.html

Back to the top
I've just screwed mine in place by hand and I've never seen anyone do anything different.

Well done and good luck with it.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.