Skip navigation

relatively small can of worms

Back to the top

relatively small can of worms

hello again !! just been out on the car having a snoop around on the inside to see what works and what may need replacing fuses and things for example. when i bought the car i noticed that i had a bit of a wobble on the steering wheel first thought was that the bearing may have beeen duff, but no took of the cowel or what is left of it and discovered that who ever had the car before me decided to cut the wires for the windscreen wipers as i havent used them atall this is new to me , no problem tho an easy fix. carried on with the steering wheel removal and found that the metal housing that the ignition barrel sits with the steering lock and that in (cant think of the propper name) is pretty much smashed to pieces. last owner seems to have over tightened it and its cracked and killed itself, so that needs replacing hopefully wont be too much ?? ideas on prices or better yet anyone want to sell me one with key  
!?!?! anyway heater and fans dont work either, all lights are okay tho and all fuses are intact. other than that its okay, untill i find more problems. ooo also under the passengers seat i discovered a folder with damn near a hundred different receipts and mot documents seems to have been looked after throughout its life which is nice !! also the mileage on the most recent mot cert which expired in 2005 says 18762 !!!!!!!! 8O  8O  8O  its had different clocks put in since then and the last owner didnt get them when he bought the car which is really shhit !!!! clocks it has now are out of a gti with 132k on them !! how rubbish.. anyway sorry for the essay will get pictures of all documents out of the folder as soon as …  :D

Back to the top
...............and breathe

Back to the top
ha ha its a bit of a mission to read i know sorry

Back to the top
Hi - all sounds like standard stuff to fix - give me a shout on any parts as we have a huge stock of new and used Mk1 parts - www.golfmk1.co.uk

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Hi - all sounds like standard stuff to fix - give me a shout on any parts as we have a huge stock of new and used Mk1 parts - www.golfmk1.co.uk

Cheers

Rich

legend will deffo need bits when i have some more money !!!!

cheers

Back to the top

Re: relatively small can of worms

mk1_mason said

hello again !!

just been out on the car having a snoop around on the inside to see what works and what may need replacing fuses and things for example.

when i bought the car i noticed that i had a bit of a wobble on the steering wheel. first thought was that the bearing may have been duff, but no, took of the cowel or what is left of it and discovered that who ever had the car before me decided to cut the wires for the windscreen wipers as i havent used them at all. this is new to me, no problem tho an easy fix.

Carried on with the steering wheel removal and found that the metal housing that the ignition barrel sits with the steering lock and that in (cant think of the proper name) is pretty much smashed to pieces. last owner seems to have over tightened it and its cracked and killed itself, so that needs replacing hopefully wont be too much? ideas on prices or better yet anyone want to sell me one with key!?!?!

anyway, heater and fans dont work either.

all lights are okay tho and all fuses are intact. other than that its okay, untill i find more problems.

also under the passengers seat i discovered a folder with damn near a hundred different receipts and mot documents seems to have been looked after throughout its life which is nice !! also the mileage on the most recent mot cert which expired in 2005 says 18762 !!!!!!!! 8O  8O  8O  

its had different clocks put in since then and the last owner didnt get them when he bought the car which is really shhit !!!! clocks it has now are out of a gti with 132k on them !! how rubbish.. anyway sorry for the essay will get pictures of all documents out of the folder as soon as …  :D

just tried to make it more managable mate haha  :lol:

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

paul_c said

……………and breathe

:lol:

my friend, welcome to the joys of mk1manship

Back to the top
cheers for making it more reader friendly !! :)

Back to the top
I'm gonna need a coffee after reading that.

Good luck with the fixes.

Tian
There are too many online users to list.