Skip navigation

No live to fuel pump....Chudd pls come and fix it LOL

Back to the top

No live to fuel pump....Chudd pls come and fix it LOL

First off its got a turbo timer on it that usually when powered on primes the fuel pump…checked all fuses and fed own power to fuel pump and pump working just fine - had circuit tester on live feed from loom and nothing even with turbo timer & ignition on and immobiliser off (earth is ok)

I thought the fuel pump relay was number 8 but think not now after Chudd posted on another thread….anyways I removed relay 8 and its been "modified" with one leg folded over and solder between that and another leg but think its working ok but no idea how to be 100% sure

Next step is to trace live back from fuel pump and check for any breakages in wire but once it gets to fuse box I think its give up time cos of the turbo timer/alarm/immobiliser and home made wiring loom for 20VT conversion by lad who built it……just gonna run direct live feed with in-line fuse from battery and take it to an auto electrician

Thoughts/comments/ideas/Paul Daniels magic anyone  :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
is that german or are you hung over ??

Back to the top
Have you looked for a blown fuze Mal ? Reason being A. keep it simple and B. thats what he would have done for the pump supply . Relay 2 for standard but modified no good . 8 is the x relay for MFA which you don't have but will be fuzed .

Get your head in the fuze box  :D

Cheers…………

Back to the top
have you tried a direct short  between where  the large pins fit  on the fuel pump relay, this will let you know if your relay is at fault, also check every other fuse is ok as you never know what does what on a home grown jobby, also could you pm me the previous owners tel number, i might be needing some  help/ advice with a wee project.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

chudd said

Have you looked for a blown fuze Mal ? Reason being A. keep it simple and B. thats what he would have done for the pump supply . Relay 2 for standard but modified no good . 8 is the x relay for MFA which you don't have but will be fuzed .

Get your head in the fuze box  :D

Cheers…………

put your glasses on and re-read me post  :wink:

Back to the top

put your glasses on and re-read me post  :wink:

Have you pulled them all out  :dontknow: and double checked  :dontknow:

Should be red/yellow wire for pump supply can you see that in passenger foot well with the rest of the wiring loom ? Where does it go ?

Could pop up , but not allowed out till spring  :lol: Age thing !!

Back to the top
Aye had um all out but will double check cos ur making me paranoid now

Gonna trace wire back from fuel pump when it aint raining

It'll probably still be like this in spring so I'll give you a shout then  :lol:

Back to the top
when you turn the ignition try moving key slightly, maybe loose connection at ignition key connecter/ ignition barrel. check wiring in the steering column housing,  have you done any work on the car lately that might have disturbed a wire ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Does the Turbo timer still work okay ? Lights on ?

Back to the top

chudd said

Does the Turbo timer still work okay ? Lights on ?

Yep turbo timer powered on ok - not done anything to distrub owt and ignition ok with lights on dash and turns engine over

Back to the top
keep us posted

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
had it started ok last night with separate live to fuel pump and when I switch the turbo timer off it stalls

could still be the relay because I have a number 8 relay (modified) in the number 2 position on that diagram you posted up on another thread :dontknow:

Back to the top
Your next step is remove the fuel relay and bridge the terminals to by pass it !

Pull out the fuel pump relay

Go have a Regal

Come back

Look at the fuze box where the relay was and you should see some numbers . You need to bridge numbers 13 and 14, the top and bottom slots with suitable wire .

This bypasses the relay and should give power to the pump with ignition on ? Yes , relay faulty . No , go for more Regal

I will wager that modified relay is to bypass safety loop that cuts fuel supply in the event of accident , powered from the coil , that you don't have .

Cheers………

Back to the top
cheers mate will print that off and have a look - like that youve planned regals in there for me  :D

Back to the top
Latest…..

After adding a bit of extra wiring its running again under its own power with direct LIVE from battery

Did loads of testing and its not the relay but there is no LIVE to fuel pump via fuse box - lost somewhere between turbo timer/ECU so bypassed fuse box now

Could be an ECU issue - really not sure but its back up and running and when add in-line fuse on new wiring think I'll leave it at that

Back to the top

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

i thought of sorted this by now mal, is it runninr a standard ECU?

He's back !!!!  Nah mate Emerald

Back to the top
If one pin is bent over on the fuel pump relay, it sounds like you're using a mk3 GTI relay. Have you tried using the correct relay? I've experimented in the past by modifying non standard fuel relays from other models but the results were poor.

Back to the top

MalC said

foxymk1 said

i thought of sorted this by now mal, is it runninr a standard ECU?

He's back !!!!  Nah mate Emerald

lol, iv been working all over the place mate, goin to irland tuesday for 2 weeks   (did ya miss me?)  :lol:
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.