Skip navigation

mk2 dash in mk1 wiring

Back to the top

mk2 dash in mk1 wiring

Hi all. is the mk1 gti dash wiring loom totally different to the mk2 gti loom. I have a mk2 dash in my mk1 and none of the mk2 switches, speedo and dials fits. But i got the mk2 dash from a mk1.

Thanks

Back to the top
Not totally different , but NOT interchangable .

Wiring diagrams use the same colour wires for the same application eg brown earth etc etc ..

Post some pics up of that dash . Not sure exactly what you mean

Cheers………..

Back to the top

mk2 dash

Back to the top

mk1 dash wiring

Ok the only picture i have of it is posted.

I had a mk1 golf gti with a mk2 golf gti dashboard in it (the one in the pic) Any way, the car was crashed and i've removed the mk2 dash to fit in another mk1. The only problem is. When i scrapped the smashed up shell, i didnt take the interior dashboard wiring loom out as i thought i could use the loom in the new car. I was wrong, it seems the loom that was in the smashed up car (with the mk2 dashboard) has different conectors and plugs for the switches etc. :S

I'm trying to find out how i would go about fitting this mk2 dash in my mk1. Would i need to go and buy a mk2 wiring loom or can the mk1 loom be modified to fit.
Thanks

Back to the top
Thats deffo a MK2 dash . Who ever fitted that would have adapted the mk1 wiring loom to suit the dash . What are you having problems with ?

Back to the top

mk2 dash

Just that the connectors on the wiring loom do not fit the mk2 switches etc. Also, i have the clocks in the pic to fit but the wiring loom is nothing like.
arrrrrrrrrrgggggggg :'(

Back to the top
WHOOPS  :D

I would be tempted to revert to MK1 dash and wiring , keep it simple !

Cheers………

There are too many online users to list.