Skip navigation

SW MEET 4TH JUNE

Back to the top

SW MEET 4TH JUNE

hi guys,

as most of you are aware that i have been trying to sort this out,
can you all in the southwest let me know your location so that we can make a fair meeting point,

it would be very kind of you all.

after all im doing this for us all.

Thanks again Darren

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/dazmk1/MK1S062.jpg

Back to the top
Even posting in chat for recruits! Desperate days for the SW meet. Come on people make an effort.

The NW crew is leading the way and needs a challange :lol:

Champions8)

P.S Daisy please shrink youre avitar its huge!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Most are still trying to finish cars, I no i am. The other thing is SW is SOUTH, SE is SOUTH! You may get a better response if you generalise the meet as a South meet instead of SW. Jus tryin ta help :dontknow:

ALWAYS ON THE SEARCH FOR MORE www.vwenterprise.net

1983 GOLF 1.8T
1987 JETTA 2.0 16V

Back to the top
Daisy,

How about just fixing a date and time at somewhere reasonably logical and see who turns up!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
I tink that wud be best. COME ON PEOPLE, SUPPORT THE CAUSE. The original and STILL the best :D

ALWAYS ON THE SEARCH FOR MORE www.vwenterprise.net

1983 GOLF 1.8T
1987 JETTA 2.0 16V

Back to the top
OK Dokey - I'm based in Yeovil, Somerset and there are a few others in this areas as well who are well up for a meet dependant on where and when.

So I'm in, but might come in comfort rather than the MK1 if its too far away  :lol:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
I'm in Berkshire but really want to get mine finished before I go to any meets…. VW Virgin an' all and want to turn up in mine than go round looking at all the others thinking 'I wish mine was finished'… about a month away though, finger's crossed!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

turbtechnicsMK1 said

might come in comfort rather than the MK1 if its too far away  :lol:

:banghead:
No!!!

What is the point in having a Mk1 Owners Club meet, if all the members turn up in their every day barges cos it's too far!
An un-official rule is needed - Members MUST turn up in their Mk1's if attending a meet!  :D

Back to the top
another reason why i need to finish mine!  :lol:

Al does have a point though, would be a let down going to a mk1 meet so see everyone's mk1's to find out there's the daily tat (well, that could just be mine :lol: ) there

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

turbtechnicsMK1 said

might come in comfort rather than the MK1 if its too far away  :lol:

:banghead:
No!!!

What is the point in having a Mk1 Owners Club meet, if all the members turn up in their every day barges cos it's too far!
An un-official rule is needed - Members MUST turn up in their Mk1's if attending a meet!  :D

My point being that I would not drive my MK1 100+ miles to a meet guys and then all the way back again. For me it would cost a small bloody fortune, and if its raining then call me a girlie, but the MK1 stays indoors I'm afraid. And not being funny, but knowing my luck no bugger would show up and it would be a wasted journey. And before people say that wouldn;t happen, been there done it got the t-shirt. And wasted a lot of time and effort where people just don;t show. :banghead:

Personally, I believe that the regions need to be defined correctly, ie South West is SourthWest and not the south otherwise the region will become so large that we will never agree on a place to meet due to distance and it would become diffcult to manage.

So if the rule is that you must attend in your MK1 then you want be seeing me over the winter months at any meet I'm afraid as SORN takes affect during winter  :wink: So looks like the Club is already filtering out people based on certain rules and regs  :cry:  :wink:  :o  :lol:

Back to the top
Can't blame you for wanting to look after your car and not wanting to drive so far in it! girlie  :lol:  :wink:

in all seriousness though there does need more defined regions, SOUTH meet could be anywhere as far as Land's end!!

what's the Ace cafe meet like for VW's? anyone go?

Back to the top
Well that is the price you pay for having a tidy MK1. Taking her off the road in winter you big wuss! MK1's are meant for driving, get em driven!
Ok so I may have a rat mobile but at least I can drive the thing without the worry of "getting her dirty" or "putting the miles on her"!

Agree about smaller regions!

P.S NW are the daddies!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Not sure smaller regions would help you though Kins… any less than 200 mile region wouldn't cover many people i would have thought  :wink:

Back to the top
15 years of ownership guys - you become a "little" attached to things you know  :wink:  :wink: And I'd never get anothe rone of these cars so am determined to keep it as "clean" and rust free as possible  :wink:  :tlc:

Region wise, up north, its only 70 miles from newcastle to Gretna Green so you can meet half way, but down south its like 100+ miles to London from here or 100+ miles to Cornwall so its a BIG Area to just define as South imo. We could spilt into South West, South, South East, and then perhaps arrnage a big meet say once a qtr for these regions. :)

But hey, I won't be there will I ?? :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
think your Mk1 needs a friend  :wink: one you can take to meets that isn't so rare!

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

think your Mk1 needs a friend  :wink: one you can take to meets that isn't so rare!

LOL - if only I had the space !!! I would definatley do that  :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
My Mk1 needs a friend too!  :lol:

More money and space needed.  8)

Back to the top
cheers for the pointer,

and turbo come in what you like be good to see a face,

how does taunton m5 suit you,

i know ross was keen on that,

Any ideas anyone.

Back to the top
Taunton M5 junction is fine by me  :wink: .

There are to places close to the junction. One is a Harvester - big carpark. Club GTI meet is held there once a month, an dthen there is another pub again right on the junction, bigish carpark - nice beer garden for the summer months.

If you need any numbrs Daisy I can get them for you.

Back to the top
sounds good mate, harvester is cool, you not taking the golf, could do if not raining, i will turn up saturday should be sunny,

is it easy to find of the m5
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.