Skip navigation

Puzzle of the day (No spoilers please)

Back to the top

Puzzle of the day (No spoilers please)

Very interesting puzzle. You'll either get it straight away, or spend weeks tearing your hair out with insomnia trying to figure it out, as I did :oops:  :lol: .

http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html

Back to the top
Hey Keith I've worked it out :wink:

I hope this does not mean I'm thick! :lol:
It's all to do with lateral thinking.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Looks like my Christmas day is sorted then. whilst the Oldies Snooze waiting for Her Maj!

DO NOT ATEMPT WHILST UNDER THE INFLUENCE! :banghead:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
It's probably easier under the influence! Free your mind! :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Hey Keith I've worked it out :wink:
I hope this does not mean I'm thick! :lol:

I got it on the second try, as he said the smarter you are the longer it takes……

DOH

:roll:

Back to the top
Whoops - right first time - must be clever though as I don't know why!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Bingo, got it right, despite copious amounts of wine and beer. The true test comes when I sober up though   :roll:

DubPartz

Back to the top
*@"?$%&&!!!!! Aaaarghhhh!

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
WOW only 3 incorrect answers to figure it out, unusual for me as well, normally take me ages to work things like that out!!

Have fun with that one people, I can see how it takes some people a while, I e-mailed it to my father earlier and he's still puzzling over it. I might tell him the solution when I see him tomorrow, guess it depends on the size of my pressie!! lol  :D

Mike

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top

Took me a couple of goes!

Took me a couple of goes! Not sure if it just came to me really, rather than working it out as such! The most confusing bit was getting it right first go then looking too deep for an explanation! If you read the blurb about the puzzle it gives a clue to the type of state of mind you need to be in! Very good! Must be great watching someone trying to work it out!  :)

Back to the top
Got it on the first go (the lateral-thinking intro helps)

Interesting link near the bottom of the page about Bill Gates' impression of the whole thing…

Back to the top
i stuggled and had to get a few mates to work it out but we finally got there :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Back to the top

yea

yea took some working out but we done it in the end :lol:

Back to the top
got there at last!!!!
 must be thick!!!!!!!! :roll:

1983 mk1 gti 2.0l 2e powered
newman cam
ported, polished, big valve 1.8 head
audi throttle body
SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Back to the top
2 rolls but lots of thinking first... Free the mind!!

Back to the top
andyq can i just say that your avitar is quality! 8)

Back to the top
cheers kins  :wink:
There are too many online users to list.