Skip navigation

Can anyone help?

Back to the top

Can anyone help?

i have a mk1 golf 1300cc with webber carb, and electronic ignition, i have a problem when i first start the car up from cold, it runs but needs a lot of choke, when warm i put the choke in, and engine dies. However when i leave it about 5-10mins it starts up and runs normally.

any idea's - any info appriciated

thanks

Pete.

Back to the top
is the carb icing up ?

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
dont think it could be that as even in mild weather it is doin this, any other ideas?

thanks

Back to the top
Sounds like it could be running a bit lean. Can you access the mixture screw ? if you can try moving it about 1/8 of a turn one way try it for a few days, if still the same try another and so forth. If this makes it worse try going the other way. Hope this helps

cheers

Bill

Back to the top
according to the colourtune i did on it, its not running bad or anything.

thanks for your advice though bill

Back to the top
Is the hot air tube from the heat plate on the block connected to the air intake ? This sometmes comes off mine and it runs badly when cold, especially at this time of year

Back to the top

poor tickover

Hi i,ve had similar proplems lately car started ok cold in mornings but then when warmed up would not tickover.After changing plugs,points,condenser,ht leads still the same(im really pi##ed off now).then one morning the copilot(wife) tried to beep the horn at me….dead as a witches tit(now you're thinking whats this got to do with the tickover) easy the fuse(no.9) for the horn also powers the fuel shutoff solinoid on the carb.Changed the fuse and now tick's like a clock :D

tonto

1980 1.1 blue 5 door

Back to the top
according to the colourtune i did on it, its not running bad or anything

So what are you saying?  That there isn't a problem?!?  how can you use colourtune mwhen driving?

The 1.3 DIDN'T USE a Weber carb, have you had it rolling roaded at a Weber dealer and the jets, flot heights and emulification tubes replaced to suit your engine?

How about this electronic ignition?  Where did this come from?  What is it off?  Has it been curved on the rollers?

Well?

Back to the top
dudes, make sure the rubber foot between teh carb and the maifold is ok, as my raped its self when that was broke, same problems.
take it off and give it a pull, s if theres any cracks or holes in it, the rubber parts from teh metal, if this happens its fucked

hope that helps

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
The fule shutoff caused me problems once..

Should be a pieurburg 2e3 on a 1.3

TT

Back to the top

check

hi  if were you i would check the gasket between the carb and inlet manifold .to me sound like your drawing in to much air  :roll:
There are too many online users to list.