Skip navigation

Ripped off again by an auto electrician this time!

Back to the top

Ripped off again by an auto electrician this time!

Was having difficulty gettin my headlights/ indicators to work correctly since changing my grill so I dropped car of at an auto electricians. He charged me ?103.29 to get my headlights working but says he couldnt find the original wiring for the fog lamps so he's connected back up as driving lamps. All the wiring for this was already there so all he's done extra is to fit a relay next to the radiator. Now when I indicate my side lights come on and the rear indicator doesnt work. Plus they forgot to put the water bottle back in the holder so thats fallen onto the cambelt and burnt a hole into it and the electrics.
One day I'll find someone who wants to do the work properly and not think about how much they can make from the customer 1st. :banghead:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
:banghead: Cowboy job! get back down there and give 'em some hassle… definately not worth what they've charged you!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
He hasn't fulfilled what you asked of him. And how the hell can he justify that amount of money for fitting a relay?!?!? Even at ?20 an hour, it wouldn't have taken a professional 4+ hours to do that work!

Back to the top
sorry to hear about that, sounds like a proper cowboy.

post his details on here to name and shame him

Back to the top
Have you gone backa nd shouted at him? Hope uve given him what he deserves!  :lol:

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
Ev…I know some lads in a big blue van who love 'advising' people of their errors in life!!!

Where does this cheese ball work from cause we could do with knowing!!

Next time ask me for contacts… instead of dreaming of KFC!!!

Dan…
(the only one in the NWM who is prepared to go out in the dark!!)

Back to the top
Yipes DJ

This sucker is a bit too close to home ! have you got an OS Map ref. for this numpty so we can all steer clear….'appen not name names on 'ere

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Glad he dosent live near me , get him on rouge traders or summit . I have a spare water bottle here  pm me you address and i'll post it up .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
 Plus they forgot to put the water bottle back in the holder so thats fallen onto the cambelt and burnt a hole into it and the electrics.

I have done that before.

What's that buzzing noise…

That is bad news about the car. I hate it when that happens. The only way is to discuss exactly the results you want BEFORE they start. If they are the kind of guys who are kind of vague about what they are going to do, leave.

If you agree a method and they don't do it, don't pay.

It's sometimes awkward to not pay up and I have in the past just paid without looking to check the works been done.

The moral is don't be frightened to cause offence, they use this as a tool to make you back down, they are not really offended just pushy and rude.

I had a plasterer who hadn't finished the job and wanted to be paid in full. He said "don't you trust me to come back"

I said "no, I don't know you mate."

I am getting so cross just writing this, wheres the big blue van (battered transit I hope) leaving from Dano?

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
should of give him a 1 inch punch like bruce lee

i piddy the foo'

:lol:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Low mate I would certainly do that if some 1 did that me.

With me 1st the job should be done or you dont hget paid at all. Thats my Moto.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
lowmk1

should of give him a 1 inch punch like bruce lee

I gave a bloke a jab once and he then ended up in the recovery position with someone checking his pulse so I wont be doin that again  8O
Got back mi car this afternoon and he explained that he had to fit a relay for the driving lights. only one reverse and fog light was working plus no rear number plate lights. It was ?75 labour (3hours) ?12.91 for parts plus vat. :?  :dontknow:
Some compensation is that he had to find a water bottle to replace mine and he struggled a bit and I've ended up with a blue one(whats that off)?
Oh the companies called WEAS Blackburn Road near Accrington

Back to the top
Yo DJ

I got a replacement bottle from VW that was blue (used correct part number!)….its still on the shelf since it looks totally out of place under t'bonnet.  I fixed my old one with silicone cement and then got one (cheapish) off e-bay

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
How much? I hoped he paid a fortune :)

There are too many online users to list.