Mario

The new seats which are in excellent condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

.  This was my old golf 1.1 which I put a 1.5 jb engine in which had the 4 plus E gearbox in what an upgrade

Back to the top

Mario

Major malfunction, first post . Car actually has just over 49 k miles

Back to the top

Mario

so I had the car resprayed in original colour which is L041 .

Back to the top

Mario

so car was resprayed, black looks great when it's nice and shiny, I bought some gti stripes but as the car was a1.1 and now sports a diesel badge .  I'm unsure about putting them on the car. What you reckon folks

Back to the top

Mario

my brother was in vegas and he offered to bring me back a re counter . My car was originally a 1.1 and doesn't have one. I know I could have retro fitted one but I didn't want to mess about with the original clocks I also have a boost gauge and I found another gauge in the shed , so I'm going to use this to make up my set of three

Back to the top

Mario

My boost gauge was showing low boost and the car was down on power , I thought my charger was at fault so I decided to get it rebuilt now there's nowhere in Ireland that I know of that rebuilds them and postage to gb was crazy so I rebuilt it myself after doing a bit of research. It turned out that the crankshaft pulley was damaged and was throwing out the timing, I also did a bit of porting on the charger

Back to the top

Mario

I was looking for a bit more oomph and I saw an ad on the brickyard for a T 4 two litre petrol engine which was the block tsr used for there spa engine I think it was called so I picked this up from moo in Bristol , on my way back to Dublin in the truck. I also did a bit of porting and polishing

Back to the top

Mario

A few more pics of the t4 block , I dropped it in with a friend, well a friend of a friend no, who is a gearbox recon person and he put it in the dishwasher. Then I painted with 2 k etch and then 2 k primer. And some engine lacquer

Back to the top

Mario

A few more pics of the t4 block , I dropped it in with a friend, well a friend of a friend no, who is a gearbox recon person and he put it in the dishwasher. Then I painted with 2 k etch and then 2 k primer. And some engine lacquer j

Back to the top
Great work, looks nice!!

I love the seats too!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Mario

Cheers H, thinks of putting gti black seats back in and selling these on.

Back to the top
If you don't need the money then keep them, even if you don't fit them.

Finding another good pair wont be easy!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Mario

gafo said

my brother was in vegas and he offered to bring me back a re counter . My car was originally a 1.1 and doesn't have one. I know I could have retro fitted one but I didn't want to mess about with the original clocks I also have a boost gauge and I found another gauge in the shed , so I'm going to use this to make up my set of three

This is what the mileage was at when I overhauled the charger

Back to the top

Mario

I also fitted this steering wheel , I'm not mad keen on either of the original golf steering wheels

Back to the top
Personal opinion, but I don't like the Porsche steering wheel in there, I don't think it goes.

Italvolanti are another good option!  :P

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Mario

these are the wheels I have on the car now one of my favourite and hard to get , there 15" Ronal .I can't get hold of the caps three are missing

Back to the top

Mario

Question folks, I would love s set of Pirelli ps, but impossible to get in 15" to fit over the brakes, what other wheels where fitted from factory that are synonymous with mk1 s?

Back to the top

Mario

A few pics of mario  , with estorils fitted

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.