Skip navigation

ABF Info!

Back to the top
Tarting it up first, will be minimum of a year really until it goes in!

Jack

Back to the top
christ what a mess, was a bit of tape to hold it in some kind of shape too much for this guy or what :lol:

1st loom I can certainly see the engine plugs plus a lambda plug, the ECU plug isnt visible but it may be buried under the rats nest. Cant see any fusebox plugs so cant tell if its been modified for mk1 or not.

the other loom piles seem to include mk3 dash and rear looms, all with the original CE2 loom plugs on. if these were in a mk1 then he has modified it to use the mk3 fusebox, no bad thing but it may not be suitable for your mk1 dash depending on what exactly was in the donor car.

pics of the gearbox and engine mounts will confirm if its been in a mk1 at any point, if it has then it'll drop into a caddy no problem :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Yes ECU plugs are all there! I will get some better pics today, it did come with a fuse box as well, I shall get a pic of that so we can see what one it is!

I can't recall there being any mounts on it, though there may be some in the pile! Its a shame the instrument cluster doesn't look Mk1, because I really like the features of the Ibiza ones!

Back to the top
well mk3, mk4 or ibiza clocks all possible with mk3 managment if you really want them, if you do decide to wire in modern clocks then mk4 style would be my choice as its basically same job as mk3 but they look nicer plus have diagnostics built in ;)

Back to the top
Diagnostics as in the screen will tell you problems? This sounds like a wiring head ache! Ahhhhhhh!

Jack

Back to the top
as in you can scan the clocks for codes if you need to, tbh not really required :lol:

easy to get the original mk1 dash to work with the abf if you prefer, or mk3 etc up to you

Back to the top
Ok the fuse box is Mk3 I think… :(

Here are a few more pics of the loom…

How much do you think is need to be done? I don't mind wiring outside the car, I'm not bad at it so long as i now where everything goes!

Jack

Back to the top
yup thats mk3, its actually good in a way as it means there probably wasnt any dodgy splicing work to get the loom converted to the mk1 fusebox :)
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?249714

you'll need to add a fuel pump pin into your rear loom E/14 with 2 wires one to a male spade and the other off to the pump +ve. The male spade is then used for the ABF injector and lambda heater power.

If you have pro terminal tool you can buy these pins new, if not you could find a spare CE1 loom and hack out the pin you need.

I can do this all for you if you like, my waiting list has dropped down quite a bit now as several people have dropped out

Back to the top
How much wiring do you think needs to be done?

Jack

Back to the top
well the 1st thing you would need to do is organise that loom, get it all back together neat as it should be and work from there. put a bit of tape every foot or so to hold its shape.

then it should be the same job as if the loom was fresh out of a mk3, just without the tape stripping part!

once the engine loom is done you'll have to add the fuel pump power as above plus swap the 67 relay into your old fusebox.

Back to the top
Managed to sort it out a fair bit, but I'm at the point now where I have no idea how to get it any better, its just so muddled up!

When I come to put it in, will I be using this Mk3 fusebox or the one in the Caddy?

Jack

Back to the top
thats up to you :)

Back to the top
Ok I shall re phrase that, what would you do? :D

Jack

Back to the top
I would use the CE2 fusebox, becasue I have electric OCD ;)

The mk1 fusebox is perfectly fine I've done many abf -> ce1 conversion looms :)

Back to the top
Is that more work to get the rest of the car working with the Mk3 fuse box?

Jack

Back to the top
yeah you have to splice the whole car loom to the ce2 fusebox, rather than just the engine loom to the ce1 fusebox

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.