Skip navigation

Online ETKA - it has been ruined!

Back to the top
Not sure how many of you use the 7zap service, but just been on it today and discovered that you can't see full part numbers without having some kind of premium account. Shame as it was  really useful resource. I guess for a regular user 5 euros a month isn't much. Glad isn't wasn't like that during my rebuild!

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
My link still works and I go forward or back to get to uK or usa, and year or model.  The USA dosen't have the WESTY rabbit info much.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+cabriolet/goc/1988-44/8/

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
I found 7Zap invaluable back when I was doing the MK2 and through regular use got that I could whizz around it quite quickly.

When I started the MK1 again, 7Zap has gone down at least twice over the past few months and it brought it home just how reliant I was on it.

The same info's out there (and for free) elsewhere, it's just that I find 7Zap so user friendly.

Since the last time it came back, I've been printing off the pages as I was accessing them, takes a while but you can quickly build up a good hard copy to fall back on.

One other site I used while they were off line was this https://www.lllparts.co.uk/parts-search-guide - like I say, much the same thing, just a little clonkier. It however still has the part numbers showing.

7Zap does also, you just have to make an extra click via the magnifying glass link and it'll show you the full number.

Back to the top
I've got one of these but it doesn't include the proper part numbers. Good for diagrams though 16946337732934489863764444271740.jpg

16946338038866916102628659124774.jpg

16946338448386251575014195079854.jpg

Not sure a dealer would know what to do with one of those forms!

Back to the top
I had a version of the ETKA on my Computer about 15 years ago, as it was an off-line version I had all the older Golfs/Rabbits in total.  Sadly I lost the Hard drive and couldn't restore it.  Since the US version of Rabbits, have lost a lot of the information on 76-83 info I was totally upset.  

I found the Russian version on line and then the Zap 7.
It still works for me as that is why I posted the link.

I can back out all the way, but the drill down to specific items is a whole different look than my first link, as it gets really specific.

Drill down from Zap
Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 8.40.12 AM.png

drill down from my link.
Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 8.39.59 AM.png

Difference is wild from the home page of Zap. for a Gravity valve.
Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 8.38.11 AM.png

From my link.
Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 8.38.41 AM.png

But from this side of the pond, that usually when I am having issues I try a different browser, then go back to my preferred one and I delete all history, and cookies then retry my links which works.  So have you tried using a different Browser as in Firefox, Siri, or MS Explorer, old IE. ,  EDGE, or Chrome? as it could be a issue with your Browser.  I am on a Macbook and my Chrome, Firefox, or Siri all display my like correctly.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
The daddy of them all… were the schematics you see on most of the on-line data bases originally came from.

MPF.jpg

MPF1.jpg

Back to the top
All right, you win!

Back to the top
DO I spy a box of Haynes to the right of the Fische

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
You do indeed, amongst many other MK1/2 books… usually spread out all over the place, not often they're so neatly stored!

Back to the top

Online ETKA - it has been ruined!

You lot are geeks. I love it. The help I get from this forum has been invaluable.

Even small comments help my google searches and set me on the right path to repair or replace. Keep it up all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
I think the phrase you were looking for is 'passionate enthusiats'  :lol:

Back to the top

paceman said

I think the phrase you were looking for is 'passionate enthusiats'  :lol:

No it really isn't anything to do with that.  I am the only Mech that I trust to do it right, and my rates are very cost effective for my pocket book.

And until you get your VW Blood Badge with Stitch cluster you aren't a True DUBBER YET.  :)

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 8.59.35 AM.png

I have been bleeding dubs for over 5 decades.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.