Skip navigation

anyone help me with my front seat situation?

Back to the top

plastic clips are baffuling me

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I changed mine the other day and I still have some rocking...and suggestions? It has some some movement in the rail but some is from the back of the seat where it hinges the bottom part of the seat 91 cabby

Back to the top
That rocking of the back of the seat on a folding seat could be one of 2 things that I have seen over the years.

The Fingers that latch at the bottom (controlled by the lever on the side) fail to engage the locks.

They get rusty and slow.
I take wd-40, spray the pivot and work back and forth with a pair of pliers until they snap back fast.

The the locks get worn out, and the locking finger hits metal instead of plastic, one way around this is to loosen the screw and carefully spin the plastic piece 180 degrees out.

lower left of my hand the black round thing. Spray it with wd-40 as it can get rust bound to the mount, and break when you spin it.
They are avail new at vwheritage….pn 171881299C

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Cool thanks for that I'll give it ago when I get a free day iv just ordered the seat skids for the other seat so I'll tackle it at the same time..is it easy to take the back off the bottom?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.