Skip navigation

B Pillar seal removal/replace

Back to the top
chortle rubjonny   Briano1234  Changing my passenger B Pillar seal - Chortle, i've printed off your how to, basically wondering where you say about undoing the 4 bolts, you say 'manipulating the window' is that a small term for making the window/rail loose so the rubber can be removed? what is the extent of removing the bolts? will it make the window runner/rail move? i'm at this stage (when i go home from work) to undo the bolts… it's far from a difficult job so far, simply don't want to mess it up & for it to go smoothly (if that ever happens :lol:

Back to the top

Sorted!! Job done.. Trial & error kinda way, It's kind of how I've approached a few things on my car.. Obviously window handle, crank off, pop door card & adjusted scrapers, hey presto 4 X 10mm bolts.. Whipped them out, & had a little play with the window, got a bit of leverage.. Hardest part was getting the rubber of the seal to line up in the actual quarter itself.. Wound up the window & it gave way as such.. Popped it in connected up then replaced scrapers, sealed the rubber with a smidgen of Pu/adhesive sealant & connected back up, put the card back on, seatbelt cover, remainder of the seal & replaced kick panel. Jobs a good un - before & 3 after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

155 views (528 Kb)

156 views (360 Kb)

151 views (556 Kb)

Back to the top

1st pic.. Didn't load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

167 views (307 Kb)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.