Skip navigation

Sunrof panel repairs

Back to the top
Hi guys, I have searched and cant find anything.
Has anybody done repairs to a rusty sunroof tray?
Does anyone make repair sections?

Back to the top
the only way to cure rust is to cut it out, a good body shop will sort it and ensure the channels still Chanel the water down the tubes.

Back to the top
My car has had this repair done in a bodyshop recently.  The tray had to be removed completely in order to remove all the rust and repair it correctly. The roof skin also needed repair sections welded in. Must be one of the hardest repair jobs on a mk1 I'm my opinion and probably why most people replace the whole skin. Some adjustments were needed once the cassette was replaced to ensure the gap between sunroof panel and roof skin was even. 

Back to the top
Thanks for the info guys.
Dannyboy, my car has very similar issues and i have the roof off a scirocco, so i can get sections out of that should i need it.

Back to the top
That's good then :) does the scirocco share the same roof profile. I'd say removing the tray completely is the only way to ensure you have got at all the rust although if it's only infected in one area you might get away with just cutting a section out. Do you have any pictures you can post up?.
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.