Skip navigation

mk1 tin top 5door project updated 2/7/12 breaking for bits

Back to the top

mk1 tin top 5door project updated 2/7/12 breaking for bits

quick update for yall

managed to remove the wings, they both buggered at the bottom, found two of the bolts on the inside of the wing, problems are now to remove the half inch thick white sealent thats covering the inner wing and join for the wing, oh and its a bugger to shift.

Any one had to shift this before that can give me any advice?

wednesday plans are to finish removing the rest of the gear in the engine bay, pics to follow (when i take some  :lol: )

chris :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I just went at it with a wire wheel on a grinder.. Be prepared for a lot of mess though. It ends up as horrible stringy stuff that will cover you, the floor and practically anything nearby.

Back to the top
yeah we gonna try that too, thanks for advice

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
looks sweet bro, lotta work, got symapthy with ya on it im doin the same lol, sooooooo worth it tho :D  good luck

Back to the top
stripped out the front end today, got wet in the process  :lol: , found the water pump is knackered and the water channels are full of crap too, heres a few pics for ya

engine before

after some work

water pump

cheers for looking

chris  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
mm scrumptious

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
a bit more work done, the car now stripped to bare shell, some pics for you to look at, be warned they be scary :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

check out my photobucket link for all pics

regards

chris  :D  :D

http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/aircooled1968/mk1%20project/

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
quick update, started to work on the seats today, front ones that is,

from this scary chair

To this

Not yet finished but a hell of a difference

chris n helen  8)

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
How is she coming along Chris? Anymore pictures or updates?

Rich

Back to the top
started working on the chasis, not nearly as bad as first thought, got some welding done, its just too dam cold at mo and im working 50 60 hr weeks till after new year lol

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
God, that needed some love! Glad mine is solid, can't be doing with another project like that!

Back to the top
been awhile since done any work but here goes,

the sills werent as bad as thought so we repaired them, a new strip of steel was seem welded along the bottom and its rock solid again, it was then we discovered the repair work that had been done years before

amazing, it had had an accident at some point but instead of cutting out the old arch they put a new one over the top and filled it to the trim line WTF, im surprised they didnt just reshape the wheel arch as it wasnt badly damaged (would have been just as bad.

More pics to follow when i get em uploaded later

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
got a bit more done today, not a lot but a bit  :)

gound down some of the welding done, shultzed the underside (well 3/4 of it, ran out of underseal  :roll:  :lol: ) looking pretty good me thinks

we also painted the rear beam too (after grinding the crud off it)

chris  :D  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
awesome progress..

anymore updates for this?

Back to the top
hopefully doing some more today, been doing odds n sods and the little things, will update later

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
bit of work done, not a lot but a bit, the rear has an axel, shocks, springs and wheels although the rear arches still need doing i need her as a rolling shell,

So, I painted up the engine bay ready for attaching the steering rack (new D rubbers ahoy), new ball joints etc all ready to fit in a few days

thinking of using this grey colour (nissan micra grey) or do i keep her green?

regards

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Making good progress there Chris. All those little bits of work soon add up !  Like the new colour.

Back to the top
thanks bud, the colour looks quite good in the flesh too, original plan was to keep her green and paint the engine bay that grey, fancy the whole car now too

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
im liking the new grey..

the original green would be awesome but think this might suit more

Back to the top

Nicko16v said

im liking the new grey..

the original green would be awesome but think this might suit more

thanks for that

Chris

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.