Skip navigation

20vt engine mounts

Back to the top

20vt engine mounts

Am I right in thinking theres 3 engine mounts… 1 either side of the gearbox and block, then one at the front of the engine. Some pictures would be a great help! Its the front mount I'm having difficulty figuring out.

Cheers

Back to the top
Theres 4 mounts, one at the bottom/rear of g/box as well

Back to the top
I dont suppose you have any photos do you mate, im sure I have all the mounts, just a matter of where they fix on. Cheers

Back to the top
Afraid not, got rid of all my golf literature/manuals etc to try and help me to stop buying mk 1,s.

Back to the top
Which gearbox you using??

Back to the top
02J, I've sussed them all now! Cheers for the replies Shaun. I agree the AEB is far too much hassle, just got to keep it in mind that one day it will be on the road ey. Ive kind of aborted that project thread, the cars all painted and everything now- keep meaning to start a new thread with the 101 photos ive got but keep struggling for the time. Anytime that can be spent writing about it can be spent working on it lol, thats how Im looking at it!

Back to the top
Ahh ok mate i've used the 02A so if yiu need pics of the conversion mounts let us know :)
Yea one day it willl be worth it just wish it would hurry up!! lol
No way man you need a project build!! where else am i gona scowa information from!?!? lol That is right about lost hours typing  but i need to spend hours in front of the screen reading.. only to go out and it dosent work anyway!! haha Sounds like your getting a move on!! :D

Back to the top
Ahaa, I'll try and start up a new build thread- got so many photos on my old phone like. I rekon were not to far away from each other in progress mate, so if you want any assistance in the future, theres a very slim chance I might know what I'm on about, drop me a private message on here mate.
There are too many online users to list.