Skip navigation

AYP engine conversion/mods

Back to the top

AYP engine conversion/mods

Greetings!

Ive got a 16v mk1, its currently my daily driver, but I have an Ayp code 20v turbo (seat ibiza cupra) converion on the cards. I already have the new engine only covered 36k and Id like to squeeze more power from it before I fit it. Has anybody got any advice on which route to go down ie k04 or ihi conversion and also what other mods I could do. and any other advice on carrying out the conversion. My aim is for it to be running 280-300 bhp.

Thanks
Kris

Back to the top
ko4 with a high flow manifold will see you round 280bhp. ko4 hybrid will see you 300bhp. i would fit forged rods for peace of mind like i have.

Back to the top
Thanks for your reply. Will I need to uprate the injectors from the std ayp ones?
What do you mean by high flow manifold, inlet I assume?

What fuel pump set up do you have?

Back to the top
yes you will need to upgrade the injectors. im sure a ayp has a ko3 turbo so you need to change the oil/water lines as well. best bet is to go on ebay as ko4 kits pop on there now and again. they have everything to swap over.

turbo
injectors
manifold
oil/water lines
charge pipe

then you need a ko4 turbo downpipe you can buy these of the shelf for the mk1

fuel pump i brought a new bosch mk1 pump.  the ko4 manifolds are rectrictive so a high flow manifold will get you bit more power.

that a Relentless K04 manifold v3

or best option i think would be send your ko3 turbo to be hybrid. ko4 turbo internals into your ko3. use same manifold and oil/water lines. but might want to concider forged rods. or just smack a ko3s turbo 230 bhp . depends how much you wanna spend then u wanna a diff in gearbox it gets expensive. i wish i just put a ko3s on my now and let it be

There are too many online users to list.