Skip navigation

agg into mk1 wiring help needed please.

Back to the top

agg into mk1 wiring help needed please.

hi all, i hope someone reading can help. fitting an aag engine from an ibiza gti into a mk1 gti golf. i have removed all the excess lighting wiring from the main loom that is not connected the ecu, i have the key transponder - pick up ring and ecu all from the same car but cant get it to spark when cranking. could someone please confirm which pin to the ecu should have a positive and negitive supply or anything i should be checking? many thanks.

Back to the top
crank sensor and coil are prime suspects, is the fuel pump priming? how have you wired the ecu loom into the mk1 spliced it to the mk1 fusebox?

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
still at the stage of making sure its a running loom before fixing it to the mk1 loom. we have givin up the seat ibiza loom and changed to an earlier golf loom and ecu with no immobilser, but still having the same trouble of no spark. there is a good positive and earth to coil.  is pin 23 at the ecu plug its only power supply?

Back to the top
the agg, ady and 2e ecu/looms/sensors are all pretty different!

what ecu did you use? if it was a 2e you have to change the dizzy for a 2e one

Back to the top
im told the loom we are now tryin to run is from a J reg 2 litre 8v

Back to the top
yah thats gonna be a 2e, you'll need to put a 2e dizzy on it to start with. need a 2e AFM as well, the AGG/ADY MAF are totally different. oh and 2e uses an isv, 5th injector and a 3 pin tps! the AGG/ADY uses an 8 pin throttle body and no isv or 5ht injector. inlet manifold is different too!

see my sig, g32eecu.pdf thats complete 2e ecu wiring diagram for ya :)

Back to the top
so apart from the dizzy i also should change the inlet? this is the engine and maf supplied

Back to the top
ok thats a mk2 digifant afm, not ideal but it should work. i cant see an isv anywhere so i dont see how it could ever idle properly :(

I forgot to mention that the fuel rail is different too!  looks like it still got the agg/agy fuel rail which is sequential injection setup, 2e uses batch fire injection.

i take it you left the wiring loom on the engine as is, and just popped the 2e loom round plug on? because that wont work the engine loom is totally different. you need to get the engine section from a 2e, and fit a 2e inlet manifold, fuel rail and injector setup

you might possibly be able to keep the agg/agy fuel injector setup though, to convert sequential loom to batch fire you just need to splice all the injector earths to 1 pin if that makes sence? you'll need the 2e engien section of the loom anyway which will already be setup like that. i dont know if the 2e plugs will fit the agg/ady injectors mind

Back to the top
thanks for your help and advice, looks like theres a few parts to collect for this then. if i have any more trouble il get back on here.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.