Skip navigation

Innition Lead and Injecton hose arrangement

Back to the top

Innition Lead and Injecton hose arrangement

Hi All

I'm setting up my 16v engine,

In which order are the ignition leads needing to go (ABF cap btw)

And also, the metering head ports go to which injectors??

Thanks!!

Back to the top
Actually tbh i need to know how to get this engine started.

i dont know much about timing etc.. gimme the basics if you can

Back to the top
The metering head hoses to the injectors aren't in any order the Kr isn't a sequential injector system, but the hoses with a kink in go to the back, the wur goes from back of head, then into the side with arrow pointing in, outward a at that point is 5th Injector.

What you need to know about timing? You had the engine apart? If not and all turns freely, turn the dizzy cap to 12 o clock and adjust accordingly if sounds rough (turn it forwards and backwards you'll here when engine likes it) make sure dizzy is on the right way to the cam shaft also as its a tapered end :)

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top
Firing order is 1-3-4-2. Line up number 1, then make sure 3 4 and 2 are the next ones to fire.

Back to the top

the line on the dizzy body should point to tdc

if you take the green bung out of the gearbox there are 2 timing marks on the flywheel. a dot for tdc and a diamond shape mark next to it for setting up with a strobe timing light.

there are also the timng marks on the cam pulley and crank pulley and there are dots on the cam sprockets in the rocker cover that should line up with the head
There are too many online users to list.