Skip navigation

2.0 8v tall block balls up

Back to the top

2.0 8v tall block balls up

done my 2.0 8v engine rebuild come to put the alternator belt on and the 1.8v standard one wont go on which is where i have seen what i have done wrong ,i thought i had used the short block but guessing i have used the tall block,i am going to have any other problems ,the timing belt cover looks wrong now i have looked at it??

Back to the top
Cam belt cover won't fit, rocker from the 2.0 is different. And if your using your 1.8 head, that cover won't fit as it'll be too short. Not sure what the options are for cam belt cover.

Back to the top
top half agg but use the half moon bit on the back of the cam sprocket to clip onto , the original metal backing plate needs the lug moved up a bit, that works , my bottom half is mk1 but am determined to get it all juggled about to use the mk top half too tho theres a gap

Back to the top

peeriehutchie said

top half agg but use the half moon bit on the back of the cam sprocket to clip onto , the original metal backing plate needs the lug moved up a bit, that works , my bottom half is mk1 but am determined to get it all juggled about to use the mk top half too tho theres a gap
did the metal plate just welded it a bit higher,will try the top half although not that bothered about cover as can show my vernier pulleythe bottom half looks like it is over the engine mount to much?.any idea on belt?

Back to the top
the belts agg , but the bottom half of either the mk1 or mk3 fits , if you use the mk3 top n bottom togeter its good fit n cut the lug off n weld on a new one at the new height , as far as i can see the mk1 top could go back wi fettling , flatten the lip n redrill the nut hole

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.