Skip navigation

8 valve turbo manifolds on eBay??

Back to the top

8 valve turbo manifolds on eBay??

I keep seeing these manifolds and wondered if anyone has any wisdom or experience regarding them.
I have longed after another Turbo Technics 8 valve ever since I shunned mine in favour of one of those awful G60's!
I have a fascination to build an 8 valve turbo based around an EG block, but I'm just starting my research.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK1-1-8L-8V-GTI-74-84-CAST-IRON-T3-TURBO-CONVERSION-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/270454131192?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item3ef85289f8#ht_1114wt_689

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK1-GTI-8V-1974-1984-T25-T28-TURBO-CONVERSION-CAST-IRON-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/120821303856?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item1c2182ca30

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

Back to the top
looks like an aftermarket jobby

bolt it on a strap a turbo on it!! seems simple enough but i'm sure it isn't

Banner

Back to the top
What does it work with though?
The other components in such a build are all diffent from standard, so why would a company go to all that trouble 30 years too late?
The standard k jet parts wouldn't cope and neither would the dizzy.

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
I seem to remember some of the lads used volvo 240 turbo WURs  and injection with thicker head gaskets,and a compony in America called Callaway did a turbo conversion,it may be worth scratching around the web for more info.

Back to the top

Mines a 1.6 8 valve janspeed turbo.im afraid im not very mechanically minded ,but if your anywhere near north london your more than welcome to come and have a look.

Back to the top
any more engine pics please so i can see the rest of it  :)

Back to the top
you'll have to bear with me I'm afraid  but il try..

Back to the top
many thanks.

Back to the top

nifty said

Mines a 1.6 8 valve janspeed turbo.im afraid im not very mechanically minded ,but if your anywhere near north london your more than welcome to come and have a look.

That looks busy!
Show us some fuller pictures and what's the specs?

1983 Black GTI
There are too many online users to list.