Skip navigation

beware adrian flux et al insurers

Back to the top

beware adrian flux et al insurers

paul_c said

The club's influence on insurers is now diluted with 3 companies doing a club discount, since there is no one company which could say they have exclusivity for Mk1 Golf OC. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the insurers decided to withdraw their members discount, since without exclusivity it kind of doesn't do them any favours any more. I can understand that we needed to get another insurer on board due to FJ's over 25s policy.

Paul

For your info

Footman James were never solely committed to the club, it may have appeared that way at the time the deal was announced, but the people at Footman James were even happier when I discussed the others coming on board, and we are not even in the top 25 clubs as seen by Footman James so have no exclusive rights with them.. But I'm working on this for next year.

The deal with Adrian flux was always hanging around and I finalized it by finding an old email and acting upon it, the premium choice was a third option following the call for under 25's, but I'm still unsure how good it is as I have had ZERO feedback from anyone..

To date I've had no complaints from anyone regarding any insurers, but will welcome and look into any complaint emailed to me

So with your comments about exclusivity, they are in fact the opposite and all agreed to welcome the competition. Also, to be fair to members as a club, it would be WRONG of us to only recomend 1 insurer, having the choice puts the responsibilty back to the purchaser, we should really, to be safe, be recommending 5 different companies for users choice.

Footman James for me personaly remain the insurer of choice because of their multicar policy, 6 cars all fully comp and it remains uner ?400 for the year, but when I just had the 1 GTI, Adrian Flux were much cheaper than FJ

SO if anyone has aproblem with any insurance company, please submit a formal complaint in writing (by email) to me and I'll look into their status as being on the clubs list of insurers

But the morale to this story is NEVER take the first quote, always phone round and check, you should be able to find a better deal, especially in these credit crunch times

Back to the top
thanks lawsy I think the idea of make a complaint and that could result in strike is great, also has a level independance from just say myself persuing a company because of what I think is bad experience.

As for the morale, thats the bit I think we over time can change Id like to feel we could work with companies where over time we can build up a level of openness.

Am I commercially nieve, probably. :oops:

Do I want to support companies who support the club and work openly with the members, definatly!

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

djheap22 said

I will add to save a few responses its not about the club championing personal compliants as they wont work for the greater good.

But I do think the ability to get a straight forward quote with nothing hidden is something that is of interest to us all.

Thankyou dj,hows the sunroof going by the way??

Your welcome, I do think you have a valid point.
sunroof?? — I drive a floppy top so not me. well unless you count sunroof as when the tops down. In that case its parked away in the garage, cant wait for a bit of sunshine  :D

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

djheap22 said

SEAN1151 said

djheap22 said

I will add to save a few responses its not about the club championing personal compliants as they wont work for the greater good.

But I do think the ability to get a straight forward quote with nothing hidden is something that is of interest to us all.

Thankyou dj,hows the sunroof going by the way??

Your welcome, I do think you have a valid point.
sunroof?? — I drive a floppy top so not me. well unless you count sunroof as when the tops down. In that case its parked away in the garage, cant wait for a bit of sunshine  :D

was djev,sorry,thanks for support tho

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Sean1151
I was sorry to read your comments on this thread - please feel free to PM your customer reference and I will get this looked into as a matter of urgency and ask the renewals manager to call you.

If anyone else has any issues/questions regarding their Flux policies - please feel free to PM me - I'm here on this forum to help  :D
Dan

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top
i understood from sean1151 1st post what he was on about.. insurance companies are taking advantage of people not reading through all of the policy paperwork or hoping they'll commit whilst still on the telephone and overpay on unnecessary extras..

so the insurance companies can cancel a policy for withholding information maybe they should set an example and be more honest with these optional extras too..

Back to the top
The problem is that there's very little margin on the basic insurance, while the main money is made from the 'extras'. So, insurance companies typically will pay their telephone operators a low basic pay with a bonus based on sales of the extras. Unfortunately this has the side effect that the inexperienced or careless telephone operator, can try too hard to obtain their targets and develop non-compliant techniques (such as ticking the extras for you and not telling you!), which then exposes the company to later issues, as above.

So its pretty much always going to happen in the insurance industry, since its very much a price-based decision, not a quality-based one. (Who goes for more expensive insurance for a comparable thing, after all???)

Of course, the real answer is for the insurance company to do just enough to stay compliant, while still offering low insurance and being able to sell the extras too, which might even be good deals for the consumer after all.

Back to the top

DAN_ADRIANFLUX said

Sean1151
I was sorry to read your comments on this thread - please feel free to PM your customer reference and I will get this looked into as a matter of urgency and ask the renewals manager to call you.

If anyone else has any issues/questions regarding their Flux policies - please feel free to PM me - I'm here on this forum to help  :D
Dan

Thanks Dan,but Ive sorted it out myself,having said that I`m being charged ?15 by the insurance company for an agreed value(which hasn`t happened before) and your company is charging me also..

Ive recieved a renewal quote for the golf today which is around ?240,much more than last year,which apparently will automatically be taken out of my bank account.
How can you do this?It`s unethical,isn`t it?Your`e dipping into my account by default if I fail to respond.

I have four vehicles so these hidden charges sure add up.

People take notice.

Dan I`ll PM you my reference number tomorrow,lets see what we can sort out.Maybe insure both the camper and golf on on policy??

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

Ive recieved a renewal quote for the golf today which is around ?240,much more than last year,which apparently will automatically be taken out of my bank account.
How can you do this?It`s unethical,isn`t it?Your`e dipping into my account by default if I fail to respond.

People take notice.

It does sound like they are being economical with the truth and ripping you off by taking money out of your account without your consent (Footman James do not do this). Also Flux are not the best when it comes to making claims either, quite a lot of complaints on the forums. I would recommend you go with FJ next time, especially for multi-car policies.  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

DAN_ADRIANFLUX said

Sean1151

Dan

Thanks Dan,but Ive sorted it out myself,having said that I`m being charged ?15 by the insurance company for an agreed value(which hasn`t happened before) and your company is charging me also..

People take notice.

Dan I`ll PM you my reference number tomorrow,lets see what we can sort out.Maybe insure both the camper and golf on on policy??

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the above without looking at your file to see what has been going on. I look forward to receiving your PM so we can get this looked into for you asap.
Cheers Dan

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine

Back to the top

dubboy said

SEAN1151 said

People take notice.

It does sound like they are being economical with the truth and ripping you off by taking money out of your account without your consent (Footman James do not do this). Also Flux are not the best when it comes to making claims either, quite a lot of complaints on the forums. I would recommend you go with FJ next time, especially for multi-car policies.  :wink:

Thanks for that information,I will take your advice :wink:

Back to the top
I'm currently having an issue with budget insurance on my old works van

I cancelled the policy months before renewal was due and sent off all the documents!!

next thing i know, 3 montsh later i get all new documents through the post!!
they wanted to charge me loads for it, nearly 4 times the original amount!!

they said they never received the documents I returned and as i didnt respond to the renewal letter its automatically renewed!!!! apprantley its in the small print and all insurance companies do it!

Same with my house insurance, renewal comes through and if its not questioned they automatically renew the policy! check any renewal when it arrives

I feel its wrong to automatically renew and I'm now in a  huge debate with company as they still want to chargeme for something I cancelled before

I have to agree with dubboy tho and If your driving more than one vehicle, you cant beat Footman James multicar policy… Very very good value for money!! i got 6 cars with them and its still under ?400 for year fully comp
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.