Skip navigation

jetta twin 45 weber project

Back to the top

jetta twin 45 weber project

dragged the car out of storage and had a play with the wiring. i now have spark and changed the oil for fresh. car turns over well just need fuel pump :thumbs: gave the car a wipe down with a rag as she was looking dusty after being sat up for years. also changed the wheels for a set that i had in my wheel stack as the others were all flat. cleaned up well as i was a bit worried to what condition the body work after that amount of time off the road. tried to tidy the wiring up and keep most of it hidden. also got a catch tank and regulator fitted. need to get the fuel tank off as the last time it was on the road with the old engine the filler neck was rotten and the tank was getting mud and water in off the rear tyre. been so long with out a vw to play with that i kind of missed the old car. got some new bits the other day and some sweet nos 80s hella spot never been opened till now linkage is on and got some longer trumpets. still need fuel to see if she will start……. been thinking about getting a corsa rad as the carbs are to close and also the top water hose gets in the way. also might change to this filter set up as looks like it will be better to keep hot air away from the carbs just looking at some pictures from 2008 when the car was last on the road image upload no limit wish i kept the old engine as it was really low miles and was nothing wrong with it. went in the scrap bin :( 

Last edit: by lance

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.