Skip navigation

GTI Inters - Concours Mk1 Golf

Back to the top

GTI Inters - Concours Mk1 Golf

yeah, we can't help but admire the guy's skill.. unless he's garaged it since '83, that is one well preserved/restored car.. but also as people say, he can't have driven it there.. i want to know what the mileage is

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Nice car, not what I'd have but each to their own.  In terms of concourse though did this win? I thought concourse was as close to factory as possible?  Mine has waxoyl under the arches not paint, is this factory spec or not?
I've seen Ferrari and Aston concourse events where they get judged on things like all screw heads pointing the same direction. Is this really how they came out the factory???

Having said that if it needs a good home I can find space on my drive and use it everyday!

Back to the top
The milage was bang on 80k

He must have other mk1's or other VW's to drive. And keep this one for show purpose only. Once you have it to that level of newness and cleanliness, I wouldnt like to drive it as it is simply too good

Back to the top
Personally I will not take mine out in the rain or wet after all  the hours I've spent restoring and cleaning her, but she not my every day driver so that makes a difference. So to me that red one looks the dogs b######ks :lol:

Back to the top
I also think cars should be driven, but I'm well impressed by that

There should be a few absolutely pristine examples just for posterity

Back to the top
all i want to know is he on this forum,and if not why not???? :dontknow:

Back to the top
These are from last year.

Stop fussing and admire…

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
at the end of the day its stunning and should be admired so what if its not driven if they dont want to drive it they dont have to.!!!!!

g40'd ratter

<div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w139.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w139.photobucket.com/albums/q312/Forgeman/75e604af.pbw" height="120"

Back to the top
AWESOME! Driven or not, id like to think of it as a tribute to the legend that is the MK1 GOLF GTI! ;-)

Back to the top
it should have a vw battery on it not a banner  :roll:  i would love that car,
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
That is fantastic

I hate to say it, but I probably wouldn't drive it either if it were mine

It looks better than the one at Wolfsburg  8O

Back to the top
That's what mine looked like after I took it through 'car wash in't town centre

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
A top example of one of the best cars ever made! .. but i'm glad don't own it, I don't think I could not drive it, But what a beautiful thing to have. better than alot of pieces of art and of course part of car ownership (if your an enthusiast) is enjoying the look of your car, I reckon this just takes it to the next level.. well done guys.

:clap:  :clap:

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

That's what mine looked like after I took it through 'car wash in't town centre

Then it dried :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Well i say good on em!!. Its their car and if thats how they choose to take enjoyment out of MK1 ownership who is anybody else to criticise? Getting a car to look that good is an awesome acheivement. I mid way through a restoration myself that will, hopefully, be along the lines of that. Now i will drive my car at weekends when its done but that doesnt make my car better than theirs because they choose to keep theirs in pristine condition. Its seems to me that peoples efforts are a bit too easily dismissed on forums nowadays. Most people, not all, but most people on here would love to own that car.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.