Skip navigation

Silicone hoses

Back to the top

Silicone hoses

hey are the hoses blue coolent hoses??

Back to the top
looking at their website they do nearly every colour under the sun.

Back to the top
yehh they do all sorts of colours

just add in the email if it matters if ppl want differnt colours or do they have to be the same

it would have to be blue or black for me but i think it will be the same for every one

Back to the top
Worth trying SFS hoses ? same quality as Samco but can be cheaper.

Also says on there website that they can do custom kits if group buys are organised/

Gareth

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
yeh cool i want blue or orenge hoses.

Back to the top
Im about to email SFS hoses and also samco on this .

hopefully we can get some hoses from somewhere

im going to make a list of everyone who has sed they will be in for a set  obviously dependant on price so here goes

Sam_m
Blondie
Holly83  (x2)
JC
Identiti
Biggr5
Forgeman
Mk1mark
Madmax122
Bedds1

anyone else just copy the list and add your name

ill let you know if i get a reply from either company

jimmy

Ratty 83' 1100  Golf Now With 5 Speedsssssssss  :D   (Holly)

93' Polo Coupe ! .. Mates Project Car     (Poppy)

70' Beach Buggy - Holier Than A Church !!!    (Lilly)

72' Beetle in a thousand pieces (bro's)   (Daisy)

Back to the top
Just Emailed them both now
hopefully we shud get a reply

heres a copy of my email i sent them

Hi

I am emailing you on behalf of the volkswagen Golf MK1 Owners Club.

A few members (including me) on the owners club forum have been discussing the fact that nobody produces silicone  coolant hoses for the smaller cc engine (1100cc and 1300cc)

Now the hoses on these are both the same.

We know that lots of companys produce Hose kits for the Mk1 GTI but we have had no sucsess on finding hoses for the 1100cc and 1300cc.

The hoses are even obsolete from Volkswagen dealership.

The hoses are also obsolete at leading parts suppliers such as GSF (German,Swedish& French) and also Euro Car Parts.

Companys such as yourself also only produce only GTI hoses/ hose kits etc.

So basically i am emailing you to ask if you would consider producing sets of the hoses as you would be (as far as we know) the only company to do so. So you would get quite abit of business from the hoses.

As it stands,  obviously dependant on price we have 14 people that would purchase a set off of you

This is only the tip off the iceberg on the numbers because once word gets out that you are produciing them then we feel that you would be able to sell them in quite big numbers especially on sites such as ebay etc

i will await your reply for the next step.

Also any information would be great on a rough price of a full kit etc

i really hope you would consider our request and if you have any questions etc please email me at jimmi2123@hotmail.co.uk   

Thanks for your time

jimmy

Back to the top
Got a reply from samco ;
Anyone want to volunteer a full set of stock hoses ?

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your email regarding the Golf 1.1 and 1.3 hose kits, I am sure we could manufacture these hose kits as long as the following criteria were met.

We would need confirmed orders through one of our distributors for twelve kits minimum, I would arrange a group buy through one of these distributors who I suspect would give your group some discount off the RRP of the kit.

The most important part is for us to be supplied a full kit of stock hoses, these must be in reasonable condition and not been shortened in any way, whoever supplies this kit would receive a set of Samco?s for free as a thank you.

I am sorry I would not be able to quote until the standard hoses arrived here as I have never seen a hose set off one of these Golf?s, manufacturing the tooling and to produce the first prototype kit would take around six weeks from the time they arrived here.

I hope this answers your questions and look forward speaking with you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Mark Hale.  

mark@samcosport.com

Back to the top

Holly83 said

Got a reply from samco ;
Anyone want to volunteer a full set of stock hoses ?

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your email regarding the Golf 1.1 and 1.3 hose kits, I am sure we could manufacture these hose kits as long as the following criteria were met.

We would need confirmed orders through one of our distributors for twelve kits minimum, I would arrange a group buy through one of these distributors who I suspect would give your group some discount off the RRP of the kit.

The most important part is for us to be supplied a full kit of stock hoses, these must be in reasonable condition and not been shortened in any way, whoever supplies this kit would receive a set of Samco?s for free as a thank you.

I am sorry I would not be able to quote until the standard hoses arrived here as I have never seen a hose set off one of these Golf?s, manufacturing the tooling and to produce the first prototype kit would take around six weeks from the time they arrived here.

I hope this answers your questions and look forward speaking with you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Mark Hale.  

mark@samcosport.com

I'd email this to rich@crazyquiffs as he'd get a much better rate than yourself and also might possibly be interested in stocking these?

Just an idea.

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
yeah good point ill send him a link to the topic

Back to the top
i possibly have a set of hoses that arnt in use but i would need to know exactly what the full set include?

it depends how far we plan to go with then, do we just get the coolent hoses done (two coming to an from the rad (which i have two spare) ) or do we get the whole lot done (as in the ones that come through the bulkhead for the heater an so on) ????

sam

Back to the top
should get them all shouldent we??

Back to the top
Thanks Crazy and Holly - Great minds think alike - I've been looking at this with a supplier just this week.  I've got a set of hoses sorted at this stage.

Hols next two weeks so won't be doing too much until back.

Don't forget I already do the rad hoses for the small blocks - see the website for that.

Also working on getting the thermostat housing remade along with the pipe from the water pump that always corrodes!!

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
well yehh we should. i only have the two rad hoses tho

however the heater hoses are a rite ball ache to remove but it wont look rite with just two samco hoses will it?

my cars at the garage so i cant have a look at the engine bay to see what we can have done, just looked on there website an it says they do vacume hoses  so we could get them included

what else is there?

Back to the top
Well i am glad we are getting somewhere now

personally i would want everyhose including the ones that go through the bulkhead for the heaters

i am right in reading that you have a full set of hoses crazyquiff? including the heaters? . . . also if you are in process of getting some made up would you keep us informed as my golf is sat with no hoses on it they are all in my house . . .

also crazyquiff i know that you sell the top and bottom hoses for small block engines but if we can get the rest made up as a set i would prefer to purchase them in that way and i would rather my money went to you than samco

I know your closed for 2 weeks but as much info as possible would be nice ..  

much appreciated

jimmy

Back to the top
Holly - Yes have a full set of everything.  If we get kits sorted it'll be for every hose.

Should be able to get sorted fairly soon after I'm back.

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
CHEERS CRAZYQUIFF!!!

You are a true top guy !

highly recommended

jimmy

Back to the top
you can add my name to the list too!  :D

Back to the top
i recently changed many of my hoses. Got top and bottom from euro car parts, as well as heater matrix hose. For the one going back from the  thermostat housing which goes back to a metal pipe,, i got a 19mm diam 135 degree bend stocked silicone hose  from SFS performance  on the internet (also in black!) - now sorted, hope this helps!

Back to the top
any progress on this?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.