Skip navigation

Up for being a little less babyish please.(18+Censored)

Back to the top

Up for being a little less babyish please.(18+Censored)

you nath? if you had a proper mk1, you'd be my best friend. no, not you. your grip is just fine, as far as i'm concerned.

Back to the top
Thought so my dear,

proper mk1 you cheeky monkey!

minkey monkey monkey

yes my grip is fine! Ha ha Monkey

Back to the top
FTJ, don't quite follow you thought process  - You are allowed to speak your mind by the fact that you can post issues, BUT you seem totally oblivious others may find what you say as provocative or offensive, hence I believe Mods are there to 'police' the site and I for one have no issues with that. Are you advocating that the forum be opened to the use of text talk and swearing? Both of these I have no interest in - if someone wants help I am willing to help where I can, but if I have to spend an hour trying to decipher what they are saying then why bother, I may as well go somewhere else. Whose loss?? perhaps the person I could have helped with 25+ years experience with VAG.
Bad language is acceptible in some situations but surely not in any forum.

Back to the top
as far as the region topic goes for the midlands section i have PM'd paul and ant about it and nothing came from it to my knowledge i can give you the pm dates if you like

Back to the top
sorry, but the thread was so long that i stopped reading half way through, but i did read a lot of ranting about the mods.

and i think they do  great job.

they put thing in the place they should be (ok, they may nottell you where, but if you cant find it there must be something wrong with you) they only move it so you get a better responce.

they also put an end to certain silly arguements (ie: ones about funny hair styles) before they get too personal and upset people too much.

we all have our own reasons for coming to this site time after time and noone deserves to leave here upset.
and if that means that someone misses out on having there say then so be it.

and they also have a lot of knowledge betwen them.

so where is your problem

p.s. if anyone wants a meet near them, why don't they organise one themselves. cos if you're moaning about others not organising one you must think they are very easy to organise.

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
im not moaning bout meets its the regional section im on about on the left.

Back to the top

alexHxC said

im not moaning bout meets its the regional section im on about on the left.

sorry mate,   :oops:

you go for it.  but i still stand by the other stuff i said :wink:

Back to the top
Each regional section on the left is put together by the regional host. This is someone who has taken the time to organise and host meets, and organise the local members to attend regional shows in their area.

If there is no page, or current info on a regional page, this is because there is no-one currently hosting for that region.

Anyone can volunteer to do this (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be a paid member? I'm sure another mod/committee member will confirm or correct this), and be given access to start/edit a page.

If you've got the time and the inclination why not go for it!!!  :y:

Back to the top

debs said

Each regional section on the left is put together by the regional host. This is someone who has taken the time to organise and host meets, and organise the local members to attend regional shows in their area.

If there is no page, or current info on a regional page, this is because there is no-one currently hosting for that region.

Anyone can volunteer to do this (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be a paid member? I'm sure another mod/committee member will confirm or correct this), and be given access to start/edit a page.

If you've got the time and the inclination why not go for it!!!  :y:

i offered to when asking about it the first time as the regional host for the midlands area is no longer on the forum.

it was over 3 months ago

Back to the top
If you are interested in becoming a regional host drop Ant (ant5) a PM and he will give you some guidelines and what is expected from you (don't worry it is not a lot!).

The regional meets are an important part of the Club so will we support you all we can.  :y:

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

If you are interested in becoming a regional host drop Ant (ant5) a PM and he will give you some guidelines and what is expected from you (don't worry it is not a lot!).

The regional meets are an important part of the Club so will we support you all we can.  :y:

thats what i did mate then i asked paul to talk to ant but never got anything back can send you the pms if you like

Back to the top
Will speak to Ant when he gets back from holiday end of the week.

Banner

Back to the top
Alex, the Midlands meet are the 3rd Wednesday of the month @ Toys r Us in Oldbury, we've been doing it for 3/4 months as part of Skool dropouts meets. The MK1OC isn't to blame for the lack of information in the regions area, that is down to local members to arrange suitable meeting date/venue and then this information can be updated in the regions area.

If no objections, I'll do it.

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Alex, the Midlands meet are the 3rd Wednesday of the month @ Toys r Us in Oldbury, we've been doing it for 3/4 months as part of Skool dropouts meets. The MK1OC isn't to blame for the lack of information in the regions area, that is down to local members to arrange suitable meeting date/venue and then this information can be updated in the regions area.

im not blaming anyone nor is it about meets i just wanted to update the region section for the midlands.

the point im trying to make seems to be blown out of proportion

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

nice1 gammy,i was gonna come forward when reading page 3 (no not the sun), let me now if you need any help.

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
alex try and come to the next midlands meet, dont matter if you dont bring your mk1, last week gammy came in a freelander, a few months ago i went in a toyota van, basically come and have a chat you will enjoy it, the skooldropouts group have some lovely dubs.

next meet wed 16th july 2008 :roll:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
i would love to come mate but so far every meet ive either been working! hopefully i can get to the next one

Back to the top

alexHxC said

i would love to come mate but so far every meet ive either been working! hopefully i can get to the next one

sorted
 :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

alexHxC said

im not blaming anyone nor is it about meets i just wanted to update the region section for the midlands.

Also sorted  :mrgreen:

I'll do a bit more to it, as and when I get time  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.