Skip navigation

My new golf - up and running! woo hoo!

Back to the top

My new golf - up and running! woo hoo!

fitted all the nice shiny chrome trim on the golf, its still not up and running yet, new engine coming this weekend!

I ran out of the right size wheel bolts for the flamingos!, hence why the 2 bbs are still on the car. also fitted my wolfsburg steering wheel, i will take lots of pics when the car has its new engine, i just keep forgetting everytime i go to the garage! Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
tom…have sent u a message,

Rich

Back to the top
Well, she's finally done, up and running. had it tuned up on thursday and mot'd on friday(failed on brakelights of all things(d'oh!:doh: ) but they sorted it out at the station for me) I would have liked to have taken it out to blackpool on friday night, but i wanted to take it for a good spin first and did'nt fancy being stuck in slow moving traffic if it broke down/blew up/caught fire etc etc….did manage to get out in it on saturday and went to a volksdevil meet at Birch services on sunday.

Just for those of you who don't know, the engine is 91k 1.5 fitted with a weber 36tlp, which is now purring like a pussycat!, its the correct engine for the car to.
Anyways, i'd like say cheers to peddersgolf(Pete) and his mate Danny for coming down and helping with the engine install and also supplying said engine and carb.

So, with a working engine and the good people of the dvla having deemed her fit for another 12 months service i'm kinda back to when i bought the car- jobs wise, so here's a list of jobs i'll be working through
1.new suspension,
2.new brakes all round(incl.handbrake cable)
3.full service
4.tidy up engine bay
5.finish undersealing!
6.replace pass. side wing, bonnet and weld in new rear valance
7.poss. respray?
8.fit the flamingos!
9.fit the dash from my old golf
not necessarily in that order, but thats what needs doing…
Thats it for noo, its just so good to have a working mk1 again, been driving it as much as possible, only a few months to late for summer but oh well, always next year…

Tom :mrgreen:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.