Skip navigation

O20 Gearbox on 20VT Block

Back to the top

O20 Gearbox on 20VT Block

Paul,

I like the league table idea :-)

I will be away for those meets - but would love for a few of us to get together and do some sprinting - would be great to understand techniques others use and help improve mine

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Paul,

I like the league table idea :-)

I will be away for those meets - but would love for a few of us to get together and do some sprinting - would be great to understand techniques others use and help improve mine

Done! See here:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…viewtopic&p=294909#294909

Back to the top

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

Please tell me you aren't seriously considering unleasing 20v Turbo power through an 020 'box?!

They aren't up to the job, simple as that.  Even a G60 unit on these 'boxes is pushing it.

It'll work, for about 15k miles, then you'll have diff pins and bits of bellhousing all over your legs.

Don't do it.

Use an 02J.  You'll have to fabricate a gearlinkage, sort out speedo drive, create engine mounts and get creative with the driveshafts (I suspect late Cabby might by your first port of call) but lets face it, if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Even the 02J can fail see  http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39439&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=diff&start=30

Diff went bang .

Back to the top

Vman said

I bought the engine mount with a buy it now on May28th and have heard nothing.  I've been fobbed off on the phone twice and am meant to be called today.

Email AL on the caddy forum and see if he's go any being made at the moment.

Back to the top

Question

Hey guys,

If you seen ma pics (rocka off) you prob noticed 12 lobes on the inlet side and 8 on the exaust side, see on the inlet side camshaft ther is a motor rather than a cog???

Is This a VVT motor??

:banghead:

Back to the top
Hey Peeps,

Any ideas????   :banghead:

Back to the top
vvt by the sounds of it only used for emission control dont wire it up :lol:  :lol:

There are too many online users to list.