Skip navigation

A116 KLB - GTI Cabriolet Triple White

Back to the top

The start of topless fun

I think I have got the rev counter sorted - it was the earth to the whole cluster that was damaged on the back of the clocks - the blue circuit is broken! wire inserted where the breaks are and hey presto!

Yes they are the covers that I need, only need one tho…so was hoping someone may have one lying around? ( in white would be ideal )

Think i am going to start a parts wanted list!

Matt

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
Time for an update - have decided to take the old girl for an MOT, and get it off my parents drive!

Here is how she stands currently

I think this year is the year that I am going to have to sort out my front scuttle panel (I have a spare) ready, but for now my old friend gaffa tape will have to help

I need to fit a new roof skin too, but for now….more tape!

I will let you know what my local friendly MOT man says

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
Oh dear, it looks a bit sad. Has it been sitting outside for the last 7 years?

Time to get the welder out!

Robin

VW Golf 1500D 5-door 1978 - was daily (wet)
VW Golf 1800 cabriolet 1980 - daily (dry)
Bedford CF Trailblazer 1978 - camper
Bedford CF 350 Flatbed 1976 - fun/work
Mercedes W108 280s 1970 - dusty and forgotten
Mercedes S123 200T 1983 - to be renovated
Mercedes C124 1989 - Winter Beater
BMW E21 1976/82 - dusty but not forgotten
Twingo 2004 (not my fault, somebody gave it to me!)

Back to the top
It has been used and driven for the odd 6 months here and there, but in the main has lived outside.

Gave it a good wash last night and checked over all things for MOT (rear light bulbs has corroded contacts) <- all sorted now.

I think there may be a blow somewhere in exhaust manifold (the joys) but will see if MOT man picks anything up next week.

Starts on the button, and apart from the photographed rusty bits, its very solid :)">

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
This makes me feel so much better. I haven't touched mine in over 3 years its just been sat up my mum and dads drive. I'm back on it for this year going to try and  get it finished at last. Good luck with the Mot. :thumbs:

Back to the top
With the small amount of time I am currently able to give to my 20v, this may be the one I bring to the AGM!

Matt

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.